Bionic limb

Enough of the Links talk! Use this forum for real golf and other topics but no religion or politics.
FOOOOORE!

Bionic limb

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I wonder if Tiger Woods has looked into something like this. He certainly has the money, but maybe he'd figure it's too late in his career to bother with. A lower leg-foot replacement should be a bit simpler, because there's not much manipulation of the toes to worry about, as there is with fingers -- but there is maintaining balance to consider. But he could be the 1B Dollar Man!

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/meet-first ... ic-hand-ai
Danny D

Re: Bionic limb

Post by Danny D »

FOOOOORE! wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 3:08 am I wonder if Tiger Woods has looked into something like this. He certainly has the money, but maybe he'd figure it's too late in his career to bother with. A lower leg-foot replacement should be a bit simpler, because there's not much manipulation of the toes to worry about, as there is with fingers -- but there is maintaining balance to consider. But he could be the 1B Dollar Man!

https://www.foxnews.com/tech/meet-first ... ic-hand-ai
But wouldn't he be disqualified in golf tournaments for "building a stance"? :unsure:

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Danny D wrote: November 2nd, 2023, 11:16 pm But wouldn't he be disqualified in golf tournaments for "building a stance"? :unsure:

Dan :cheers1:
I wondered about that too, it's not something the Tour has probably had to deal with before. What about a simpler case, say, a guy has an ordinary prosthetic leg, just a big lump of plastic strapped on, with a hinged, plastic foot, no electronics? It's definitely something he'd have to check beforehand, but as far as actually doing it, it doesn't look like he has much left to lose. And imagine the buzz if he actually achieved anything with it. At the very least, he would likely be pain-free.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

So, as always happens, the moment I blabber about a bionic replacement, I learn he's had additional surgery on the ankle and now jogs pain-free through 18 holes and does a moonwalk on the 18th. Just one more win would be monumental, but a max of eight tournaments a season makes that iffy. But even a top-10 would improve the porridge we're now enduring. Scheffler, Scheffele, Schuffler, Scuffler... who really cares?
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

So, as always happens, the moment I blabber about a bionic replacement, I learn he's had additional surgery on the ankle and now jogs pain-free through 18 holes and does a moonwalk on the 18th. Just one more win would be monumental, but a max of eight tournaments a season makes that iffy. But even a top-10 would improve the porridge we're now enduring. Scheffler, Schauffele, Schuffler, Scuffler... who really cares?
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

So Woods will play Riviera. It's a relatively flat course compared with, say, Augusta. And it's also a course he's never won on, and I'm sure that factors into his decision to play there. What a feat that would be: Win #83 for all-time greatest number of wins, at a course he's never conquered. But realistically he'll be looking to make the cut, not that he'd ever admit that.