Lidar Dems List /

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
morvio100

Lidar Dems List /

Post by morvio100 »

Can someone list ALL Lidar Dem courses that are currently available I know of Augusta 2023 ..and a few others...it seems quite a lot of CURRENT courses are being completed/designed with the Lidar Dem method...they apparently are highly accruate...so all ....current COMPLETED and wip courses please... :thumbup:
sagevanni

Re: Lidar Dems List /

Post by sagevanni »

Some of us do not like to reveal what we are working on at the moment till we feel the right time is upon us. Some of our stuff is WIP that we are not comfortable discussing so soon after starting for various reasons. I am one of those guys.

Linkster is kind enough to supply multiple course designers with lidar data to work with. That in itself is a major feat every time he provides us with data.

He has probably provided the most to me at least by my count and a lot of them I have not even started. Some I get bored with, others just didn't turn out as I expected. I'm surprised every time Linkster agrees to do another data set for me and I am forever grateful.

Sage....... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Ok,,,cheers....Sage,,,maybe someone can provide a list of know completed Lidar courses,,,THAT NEW National Links course is superbly detailed and is only in Beta...imagine that will be a new level going forward...lovely 3d objects to be found all over that course
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Lidar Dem courses that I have completed:
  • Mountaintop Golf & Lake Club
  • Crooked Stick Golf Club
Lidar Dem courses that I am working on:
  • The Golf Club at Black Rock
I will, however, echo Sage's comment:
Some I get bored with, others just didn't turn out as I expected.
.... and some are too difficult for me to complete.

A big thank you to Linkster for providing all the Lidar DEM downloads. :cheers1:

Ian
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Cheers Ian...Crooked is a great piece of work...would I be right in saying the wip seminole golf club is also a DEM course...would imagine the the other course Linkster is working on St Andrews is also a DEM....think Linkster must have abandoned the ST Andrews course though...as there is no word on its status...I am a real fan of the level of detail/undulation in the fairways of the DEM courses....they NEVER get boring because of that level of detail