So I stumbled on to This Oddity of a Site

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Big Sexy JC

So I stumbled on to This Oddity of a Site

Post by Big Sexy JC »

I was doing what any creator of animations of a 20 year old game would do the other night and that was searching for ways to get better at my craft. In doing so, I stumbled on to one of the oddest websites I've ever been on, but I learned some things. Believe it or not there is a name for the technique of wrapping a 2 dimensional face around a 3 dimensional wire mesh and it's called Unwrapped Face Textures or Panoramic Face Textures. Who knew? I sure as hell didn't.

There is evidently a community (which is just freaking weird) of people that are models for different 3D face texture sites and they use their Unwrapped face textures for all kinds of different things. I've downloaded around 50 of these unwrapped face textures that were probably intended to be used for other things, but I'm going to use them to create a few new versions of the anipro ani. Of course I'll call mine BSJCPro##, but you get the point. I've also created over 1000 hats, shirts, pants and shoes when creating my PGA Tour anis so I'm going to re-use those for these anis. I have read many times that a lot of you prefer the non PGA anis to the real dudes so this should give you other options. Each one I make will have 10 new faces, 12 hats, 20 pants, 20 shirts and 12 shoes.

I guess these unwrapped face textures can be created using a regular face pic and an application called blender. There are some tutorials online so I'm going to see if I can figure it out. I'll obviously post when these new anis are finished.

https://www.renderhub.com/3d-skin-textures/people/heads