Downloading new courses

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
linkseeker

Downloading new courses

Post by linkseeker »

I need support to download new courses onto my Links 2003 game. I have windows 365 software. I can download the course to my PC, but when I go to extract the files and check that the course is there, it does not appear in the courses list or manage courses list on my game. Is someone able to help with that?
Big Sexy JC

Re: Downloading new courses

Post by Big Sexy JC »

First, two questions so that we can better help you. Give us the path where the game is installed. For example, below is probably the most common path.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003

Typically courses would be copied to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Links 2003\COURSES

Question two. Where are you putting the courses when you download them? Also, they are downloaded as .zip files. Are you extracting the .CRZ file from the zip or are you just putting the .zip file in your courses folder?
linkseeker

Post by linkseeker »

Thanks for your reply

When the download appears on my screen and I press it the course simply downloads to my download list. The path doesn't appear as an option.

Then I extract the files and browse to the links folder. But it is absent when I start the game.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

So depending on what archiver program you are using, it should extract the contents of the zip file that you download to a folder in the same directory as the folder you downloaded the course to. In your case that sounds like your downloads folder. You need to move/copy the .CRZ file from that folder into your courses folder of the game. Again, the most common path is the one I listed in my original reply to you.

The only reason you wouldn't see the course in the game is if you aren't getting the .CRZ file to the courses folder of the game.
linkseeker

Post by linkseeker »

It says I don't have permission and can only save it to the owner file. It's very confusing. I'm not tech savvy. I used to be able to do this with no problems but maybe the new software creates a problem.
linkseeker

Post by linkseeker »

I DID IT! I simply moved the .CRZ as you suggested and placed it over the links folder and it went in. Then I checked the game and it was in the course manager ready to add.

Thanks again. I owe you a coffee.
Big Sexy JC

Post by Big Sexy JC »

You're welcome. Glad you got it to work. Your coffee would be my first coffee. You could offer to replace it with a beer, but it would be my first beer too. I guess I'm more of a Smoothie King kind of guy when it comes to overpriced beverages. Happy golfing!!!!
linkseeker

Post by linkseeker »

I'll send a donation to Links Corner.