Sequoyah National Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
morvio100

Re: Sequoyah National Golf Club

Post by morvio100 »

Played some holes 3 or 4...good effort Sage...looks really good in places...however the green textures are a lot to be desired tbh...you seem to be obsessed with checkerboard type fairways textures lol....the elevated rough looks good,,,but its slightly too STARK ...as in raised a little too much....the bunkers look TERRIFIC....but you have very noticeable seam issues around the green..very interesting looking course..as in topography.....but you have quite a lot of work to do...certainly replace the green textures...and maybe consider a different fairway texture...a course that has potential but looks rushed :thumbup:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

The word insufferable comes to mind....... :wallbash:
gator

Post by gator »

I'm hesitant to wade into this... but here I go.
morvio100 wrote: August 29th, 2023, 12:22 pm Played some holes 3 or 4...good effort Sage...looks really good in places...however the green textures are a lot to be desired tbh...you seem to be obsessed with checkerboard type fairways textures lol....the elevated rough looks good,,,but its slightly too STARK ...as in raised a little too much....the bunkers look TERRIFIC....but you have very noticeable seam issues around the green..very interesting looking course..as in topography.....but you have quite a lot of work to do...certainly replace the green textures...and maybe consider a different fairway texture...a course that has potential but looks rushed :thumbup:
I'll just use your comment "you seem to be obsessed with checkerboard type fairways textures lol" to attempt to illustrate my point.

The following images are but a very small sample of images scoured from the internet that I know were used by Sage while designing Sequoyah National (as he does with every real course).

This image shows Sequoyah National's 1st fairway mowed tee to green (lengthwise):
no-1.jpg
no-1.jpg (312.28 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

This image shows Sequoyah National's 1st fairway mowed side to side (with previous mowing patterns lightly visible beneath the current pattern):
no-1-par-5-long-way-to.jpg
no-1-par-5-long-way-to.jpg (242.31 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

This image shows Sequoyah National's 4th fairway mowed in a circular pattern:
no-4-winds-around.jpg
no-4-winds-around.jpg (292.49 KiB) Viewed 1095 times

As you can see, the appearance of a real-life fairway on any given day is up to the individual driving the mower. In instances like this when the mowing patterns vary wildly, the designer has to make a decision as to how THEY want to present THEIR impression of a real course to the community. This goes for the entire design, not just fairway mowing patterns. Those decisions are not taken lightly or without a LOT of research and will never make all players of THEIR design happy. In the end, it is the designer's impression of the course.

As many designers have stated on this forum, constructive criticism of a design is welcome and would be most helpful if accompanied by a screen shot of the area being constructively criticized.

I wanna... you shoulda... type of comments are less than helpful.

Leo
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Very well said and explained Leo..............Thank you.

Sage...... :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi everyone,
I've got all the issues mentioned here taken care of and am going to release a fixed final version very soon here unless someone has anything to add.
Speak now or forever hold your peace................................... :rofl:

I'll give it 1 more day.

Sage........ :cheers1:
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Morvio gives Sage his blessing...the Linkster has raised the bar....with the quality of the DEMS ....so its important ALL current designers are DRIVEN to achieve greatness...and perfection...we wish Sage well on his journey to nirvana = APCD mastery....Sage shows promise...and will one be presented with the key to enter through the heavenly gates wherin lie the Great Masters and mix and converse with the great APCD designers in the sky :notworthy:
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Morvio wants new fairway textures...like in the pics supplied.... :wallbash: ....Morvio wants them immediately... :wallbash: Morvio just thew all his toys outta his pram....NNOOWW.....HEHEHE
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

All of my courses I do are free to modify as long as you get the OK from me. You can modify anything you want for personal use without my OK. Have at it.

Sage........
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Morvio will follow Sages advice :rant: over
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Great job on this course, Sage. It has a "wild" feel with the elevation changes and the rough. Never heard of this real course before. Thanks for doing it.
Chuck