Changing Course Directory

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
RobV

Changing Course Directory

Post by RobV »

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to change the course directory to another drive and run courses out of a different drive other than "C:".

I picked up a new SSD, a pretty fast one, and now want to run the core game out of "C:", but dump my hundreds and hundreds of courses into the new drive (call it D:) as it is a fresh 1TB drive.

I used to know how to do this, but dang.. I am stumped! Instructions say go to Course Manager, select a course and then click on the "Change Location" button.. I see no such button in the Course Manager.. Is this no longer an option or am I losing my mind? haha

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Rob V.
Titus

Re: Changing Course Directory

Post by Titus »

Hi,
what can I say, press ADD in the course manager, then you can select all drives.
maybe first copy all courses to D:/Course/, then select all and wait. :fcrossed:
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Just move all your .CRZ files to wherever you want them using File Explorer.

Then in Links / Options/ Course Manager all your courses should have disappeared so select add and navigate to the drive and folder where you moved them to, click 'Select All' then 'Add' but make sure you then select 'No' in the next dialogue box and sit back and wait while all your courses are added to Links.

Hope this helps.
RobV

Post by RobV »

Andy wrote: May 20th, 2023, 8:19 am Just move all your .CRZ files to wherever you want them using File Explorer.

Then in Links / Options/ Course Manager all your courses should have disappeared so select add and navigate to the drive and folder where you moved them to, click 'Select All' then 'Add' but make sure you then select 'No' in the next dialogue box and sit back and wait while all your courses are added to Links.

Hope this helps.
Oh my... thanks so much Andy... geez, this was so easy.. must be getting old.. hahah
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

When you add all the courses from the new drive into Links via Course Manager is that creating a reference to that new location? Also, does the fact you may (say) have added 1200 or so courses into Links have any impact on my original drives disk space?
Thanks, Dave
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
RobV

Post by RobV »

Captain Nemo wrote: June 15th, 2023, 7:58 pm When you add all the courses from the new drive into Links via Course Manager is that creating a reference to that new location? Also, does the fact you may (say) have added 1200 or so courses into Links have any impact on my original drives disk space?
Thanks, Dave
I have all my courses in a completely different drive other than Links, so I do believe the courses are being "referenced" or played from the new directory. I have no courses in my main directory where Links is installed, so no impact to that particular directory.