Career Mode Roster Help

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Theauthor1997

Career Mode Roster Help

Post by Theauthor1997 »

Hey all,
I recently downloaded a custom roster set for the game. I installed it and in the season manager, it shows the players in the roster. However, when I launch a new career mode, it still has the default names from the vanilla name and none of my new ones. Any fix to this?
Dixieman

Re: Career Mode Roster Help

Post by Dixieman »

Is the level of the tournament you are playing at the same level where you installed the custom roster (amateur, semi-pro, or professional)? In other words, if you installed your custom roster at semi-pro, make sure you're playing a semi-pro tournament within your season. If you've started a new career with a new player at the same tournament level as the roster you installed, it should work.
Doug
Theauthor1997

Post by Theauthor1997 »

Ah so is the key that I need to make a new player? That may be it, lemmie give that a shot!
MrT

Post by MrT »

I believe that if you use a player already in existence, the only way to compete against a new roster is to get rid of certain files. Specifically, someone taught me to erase the following files:

player_name.PHF

and

player_name.SEP.

On my PC those two files are found in

users/owner_name/documents/Links2003/career on the C disk.

However, be aware that doing so will erase your previous career and records. IF you don't want that, the easiest way is to create a new player. I did that when I decided that I would no longer play as Pro, but as Champ, instead.