RE .ssf files

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
morvio100

RE .ssf files

Post by morvio100 »

Hi, any body know it is possible to edit the .ssf files in any way....being looking for a more realistic sound file...(when ball lands in the rough)....seems to be 1 standard sound....regardless of what TYPE of area the ball lands

TIA
pmgolf

Re: RE .ssf files

Post by pmgolf »

You needed to be around back in the early to mid 90's, back when the changes you're suggesting were actually possible. The sound when the ball goes in the rough is pretty much what you're stuck with. There is(was) as sound editor, but the "event" of a ball going into the rough wasn't available to be changed. What you can do is get a small basket full of dried grass and leaves, and when you see your ball headed for the rough in Links, take an actual golf ball and throw it into the basket. :yes:

Here is a sound file I created back in the 90's: Solitude.ssf. Put it in the /Links 2003/ folder and select it in "Sound Settings" along with checking the "Ambient Sounds" checkbox. It features sounds you would hear on a marshland golf links if you were playing golf by yourself. Also, click on the "Edit a sound script" button in "Sound Settings" to see what the Links sound editor looks like.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sc3xu2goo28bv ... e.ssf?dl=0

Pete
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

haha...."take an actual golf ball and throw it into the basket",,,made me laugh out loud....I'll wait till this Autunm....thanks for the file... :laugh:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

There are a couple of courses that are close to airports-Doral (Miami), Shaughnessy (Vancouver) and anything near (downtown Vegas) or train tracks.(Lambton and Chambers Bay) Sage even in included a train. This is the line where Amtrak's Seattle to LA "Coast Starlight" had the accident a few years ago. Anyway we have trains and planes in our "sound vault".