ONLINE TOUR

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Jimbo

ONLINE TOUR

Post by Jimbo »

For those who are playing, this week's course is at Bighorn while the real tour is playing in Mexico-they aren't even calling it the Mexican Open.. There are 2 "Real" Mexican courses that would be more than capable of handling the "pro" distances.
As Bugs Bunny would say...well you know what he'd say... :whistle:
GoBucks

Re: ONLINE TOUR

Post by GoBucks »

Just checked, Jimbo. There is a "Mexico Open" available. It's listed just above the Bighorn event. It's being contested at Baltusrol though. Apparently we need some Mexican courses.
No matter where you go, there you are.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi,

There is a course in Mexico coming to the PGA Tour.............Vidanta Vallarta.

It would be doable in APCD. Goggle Earth has good 3D info.

It looks like there are actually 2 courses.

Sage............ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I don't mess with APCD, and I'm not about to ask someone to do what I'm not willing to try. I was mainly just replying to Jimbo.

I do appreciate you even looking, Sage. Thanks.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Well, there are those of us who keep lists.................LMAO....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I've had it on my list for some time.....................

Sage..... :smile: :cheers1: :naughty:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Gobucks-what I was meaning to say is that there are two Links courses "in the bank" right now-Cabo del Sol which is a Microsoft course and Chapultepec, courtesy of Mr. Brooks. Our APCD'ers are always busy making this game a better place for serious golf gamers (I'm not sure that, after 20 years I'd even refer to it as just a "game" any more, but that's a different topic). :thumbup:

I know that the number of Mexican courses pales in comparison with most other Links course countries (I did an analysis for Colin C) like the Great White North :whistle: but my argument is with the Internet course directors, definitely not with Sage and all of his fellow great designers.
The internet tour too often goes with the older Microsoft version of a course when a better APCD version is available and, as we're seeing this week they sometimes don't look at the geography.

(BTW if any of you APCD'ers have a real Mexican BETA course that you want to have nitpicked...) :laugh:
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Gotcha.
Just an FYI; Your posts concerning the LSPN events would probably get better results in the LSPN forum as opposed to this one.
NateMullins

Post by NateMullins »

GoBucks wrote: April 30th, 2022, 12:39 pm Gotcha.
Just an FYI; Your posts concerning the LSPN events would probably get better results in the LSPN forum as opposed to this one.
Hi Dave! It actually appears the LSPN forum/server is down. I get the following error: General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111) [2002]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

And none of the events or anything show up on the home page, I just get blank lists of events, tours etc. Also getting an error in Links when trying to connect to the tour saying "Server Message" cannot connect to DB - never seen that before. Obviously can't play any more tour rounds or communicate with anyone there. I have no idea what the ____ is going on, but I imagine Pete or another tour admin will fill us in what's going on. :wallbash:

And yes, I'm posting about it on this board, because I know you, Pete and others there also view and post here. :thumbup:
Elite Classic, Panoramic except Close-up on/near green
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Just saw that, Nate.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I'm in the same boat with you guys! I don't know what's going on, but I expect it will be fixed soon. I was just getting ready to start a round, too!

Pete