Recent upgrade to WIN10

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
Baxteri

Recent upgrade to WIN10

Post by Baxteri »

Good afternoon all

I am looking for some tech advice concerning issues that have arisen since i upgraded my PC from Windows 8.1 to 10.

1) Since the upgrade i have lost the skies from any course i play. It is replaced by a generic links blank background
2) I can only play 2-3 holes before a crash, it is less for higher file size courses. I get the following error message

Error : Only power of 2 textures up yo 1024*1024 supported (8,8) ' < 359826784. TGA'

It then offers me the option to exit. If i do that and restart Links it will take me back to the point of crash and continue for a few more holes before crashing again.

Any advice gratefully received

Regards

Ian
Adelade

Re: Recent upgrade to WIN10

Post by Adelade »

See this post by Andy (to someone who had the same issue as you in the past):

https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 2876#p2876
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Baxteri

Post by Baxteri »

Hi Adelade

I followed your advice and removed blocks of skies in the sky file. it would appear that Broken Skies.sky was the culprit file. I have removed it permanently and now i have my skies back. Just need to address the crashing issue now.

Many thanks for the pointer, it is appreciated

Regards

Ian
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Do you still get crashes after removing that sky file? Based on that other thread, I believe the corrupt sky file probably caused both those issues, so hopefully they are both gone. If not, you may have more than one corrupt sky file.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Baxteri

Post by Baxteri »

Hi Adelade

Based on the test i completed to check the skies, i managed 9 holes uninterrupted before i had to go and do something else.

This i think suggests that you are correct. i will complete the round later to ensure all is good.

As i say many thanks for all your assistance in this

Ian