windows 11 graphics

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
sirtrev80

windows 11 graphics

Post by sirtrev80 »

Hi
Great to see this fantastic site is still up and running . I have been away for a while ( 5ish years ) since my tower threw a shoe . Couldn't get my laptop to get links working on it . Anyways here I am trying to play on my new tower and having graphic problems . Read through the possible ways to solve this and saw dgVoodoo2 as a problem solver . I'm running Windows 11 with a Intel UHD 630 graphics adapter ( card ? )
Being a bit of a worrier when it comes to installing fixes . Will dgVoodoo2 effect my pc graphics for other games etc . I have just got back into my Sudden Strike circa 2001 which runs great ( tempting fate )and would hate that to stop running .
Dave
Adelade

Re: windows 11 graphics

Post by Adelade »

Keep in mind that not all graphical issues requires the directX wrapper program that you mentioned, but to answer your question - No it wont affect any games except for the ones that you manually put the program's .DLL files into :thumbup:

Welcome back :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Echoes

Post by Echoes »

Howdy sir,
The answer to that (card ?) question is no. The answer to whether your new tower is any better than the lap top, is easily answered by typing dxdiag into the search box at the top of the window that appears when the 4 pane window is selected from your taskbar, and clicking on the run command.

The 8th line down says processor... if you see a 7 or 9 there is a good chance of solving your graphic issues. If you see a 3 or 5 you might consider installing a card.
sirtrev80

Post by sirtrev80 »

Thank you for the prompt replies . I should have added my laptop went to the big computer graveyard in the sky . Hard drive went kaput :mad:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

sirtrev80 wrote: May 6th, 2022, 1:25 pm Thank you for the prompt replies . I should have added my laptop went to the big computer graveyard in the sky . Hard drive went kaput :mad:
Just because a hard drive dies, doesn't mean you have to throw away the whole computer. Just replace the hard drive. :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
QsKool

Post by QsKool »

there's several tricks to solve graphic issues, lagacy mode ( I run my links in xp mode as an example) also 1680x1050 so my meter is round