Windows 11 question

Having hardware or software problems related to Links? Other forum members may be able to help you here.
pmgolf

Re: Windows 11 question

Post by pmgolf »

Ian Wells wrote: March 24th, 2022, 10:39 am Pete,
And I only have Windows 10 because Microsoft wouldn't let me load my new copy of Windows 7 even though there was time left where Windows 7 was still supported! I don't like Microsoft, especially now that they want you to rent all their Office software! (You can still buy Microsoft Office 2003, though.)
My laptop is running Windows 10 and I have a purchased copy of Office Enterprise 2007, from my working days. Do you know if I can install this on my laptop? (I don't have an external DVD reader otherwise I would just try it).

Ian
You should be able to, Ian. I installed MS Office 2003 on my laptop and desktop. I bought an external DVD drive (Amazon - starting at $15) that connects via USB to the laptop and it works fine. You can probably copy the installation disk to the hard drive on another computer or a flash drive and somehow get it installed from there, but I just take the easy way. :smile:

Pete
Ian Wells

Re: Windows 11 question

Post by Ian Wells »

Thanks Pete,
I will get an external drive and down load the dvd. It’s not that I use the Office programs that much, but they are more stable than the Apache open office I use now.
Thanks again.
Ian