How To Add Player Clubs In Links

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
1PuttJeff

How To Add Player Clubs In Links

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I have played Links for a long time, but have never attempted to add player clubs to the game and I would like to know how to do that. Do you have to create a new "clubs" folder in the game itself? I noticed that there currently is not a folder for clubs in Links. Quite a few of the golfer animations also include their unique set of clubs and it would be cool to customize the game this way. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! :thumbup:
Spelunker

Re: How To Add Player Clubs In Links

Post by Spelunker »

1PuttJeff wrote: December 30th, 2022, 2:36 pm I have played Links for a long time, but have never attempted to add player clubs to the game and I would like to know how to do that. Do you have to create a new "clubs" folder in the game itself? I noticed that there currently is not a folder for clubs in Links. Quite a few of the golfer animations also include their unique set of clubs and it would be cool to customize the game this way. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks! :thumbup:
There is a clubs folder. It's a subfolder in the polyani folder. That is where you put the custom club .l3 files. :fear:
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Spelunker,

Thanks for your quick reply to my question about adding player clubs in Links. I checked again to see if I had a Poly ani sub-folder labled, "Clubs" and I don't have one. I did notice on another post that it could be that I have not downloaded the "Links 107 Patch." Below, are some related files for Links and it doesn't look like I have the latest "107 Patch" but let me know, okay? Thanks!

Links2K3 105 Final
Links2K3 nvidia Win7 Final
Links2K3 Patch 102
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I just downloaded the 1.07 patch, which is supposed to allow you to add more club sets to the game, but I still cannot find the "clubs" folder? :wallbash:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

You can check which version of Links you have by going from the Links main game menu to Options and then click "About" at the bottom).

If you know that everything about Links already works perfectly and displays exactly as you want it to, in your case it might actually be safest to skip getting the Nvidia patch, just to make sure nothing gets changed and require new tweaking of settings.

Did you run the patch after downloading it? And did you run it in the correct place (inside your main Links folder)?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Adelade,

Thanks for sending a reply to my post about adding new player clubs in Links and not seeing the "Clubs" folder in my main Links game file.

As you mentioned, I did check to see what Links version I have in the game itself and it is "Version 1.07" and it also had "Build 02.10.02.0401."
When I downloaded the new version 1.07 file, I simply dragged the file from a "downloads" folder I have set-up on my computer and placed it in the Links 2003 main folder. I clicked on the Links 1.07 version icon and a box popped-up on my screen that asked me if I wanted to download the Links 1.07 patch from the Play Store or to go ahead and install it. Based on this, I have a feeling like the new 1.07 patch has not been opened yet? I did try to play the game and it played the same as it always has without any problems and I already installed the nvidia patch a long time ago.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Hmm if game says 1.07 then it should be installed. Not sure why cant see the clubs folder... I dont believe club files are among those that can end up in the VirtualStore but might be worth checking just in case - can you find this folder path? C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Links 2003\PolyAni\clubs ? You need to turn on showing hidden folders in File Explorer's settings in order to see the AppData folder. (If you cant find that folder path - its nothing to worry about)

Otherwise, you can always try just creating the clubs folder yourself (in the normal Links 2003\PolyAni folder that is, not the VirtualStore one) and put the L3 club files there, or else put the L3 files directly in the PolyAni folder and see if they show up in the game when creating or editing a player then - Im guessing one of those will probably work.

Remember to restart Links after changing or moving files or folders, if you had it open while making the changes.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...