LVT Tutorial Overview

Discuss Golfer Animations, Clothing, Clubs, MOP's, Soundscripts, Seasons, Rosters and all Career Mode related plus any External Programs here.
Jimbo

Re: LVT Tutorial Overview

Post by Jimbo »

I was a little nervous but I've installed on the dinosaur. Right now I'm working through the tutorials :bookh: :bookh: :bookh: ...DO NOT TRY TO READ THE TUTORIALS IF YOU HAVE CONSUMED ANY ALCOHOLIC BEVEREDGES!
...because you might...later... :naughty:

Anyway I've managed to coax some life out of the program on my Windows 7 gaming monster, we'll see if I have to move it upstairs to my laptop.

Now for that drink... :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

:cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:

I just played an 8 tournament mini-season on Windows 7. I took a look at the tutorials and felt comfortable nonetheless.
IT WORKED-and I'm completely speechless!
So I'll just up (how many times have I done that!) :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clapping: :clapping:

BTW-I mean that I'll just shut for this thread-2 weeks until TROTN.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

And now to add more sunshine- And forgive me if this matter has been dealt with before cause I was away for a couple of weeks. After the 1st year I assume that your earnings are going to be carried forward but what about the other golfers? Are there earnings carried forward from your virtual season or do they go back to their actual earnings from that season?
Just wondering...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Also, speaking of earnings this year's purses have been raided...or are you basing this on last year? The purses seem to be locked in.
Just wondering...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Sorry-my bad-it's last year's season. I'm trying to locate appropriate real courses and am searching for courses that are geographically in the location of the courses that don't are on the sked.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've downloaded it and checked out your introductory video. It looks great but there's a problem at my end. I'm trying to load a tour name (including "My Tour" and get an error message saying "Your Tour Is Not a Valid Name. Please re-enter your Tour Name"
This is the same error message that I got the last time that I tried to load the tour.
I'm on Windows 10 but still with Office 2007 software.
Any idea what the problem might be? I tested the Beta on my old Windows 7 (RIP) and things seemed to be working.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

I can't say why you cannot create a tour. It appears the issue is with when it tries to actually create the tour file.

Set wb = Workbooks.Add
wb.SaveAs ThisWorkbook.Path & "\" & fileName & ".csv"

Is it possible your version of Office 2007 does not recognize .csv files?
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Mike:

I've sent you a PM-I may have identified the issue but it's kind of strange. And remember-it worked on my Windows 7.
Anyway take a look and hopefully we can make the problem go away.

Merci!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've never played LVT before, but with the amount of work that Mike is doing I might as well throw another iron into the fire.

The new LVT will reflect the results of the 2001-2002 season (ie-last year). What if a certain duffer (like me) wins the Masters? Do I get a lifetime exemption (and the famous "digital green jacket"?

Just wondering....
Last edited by Jimbo on April 10th, 2023, 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mwc0914

Post by mwc0914 »

Yes, if you win the Masters 😂😂😂😂
You will get lifetime exemption