Designers - Screenshots please

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Designers - Screenshots please

Post by Andy »

Well, I've no idea why that should happen. :dunno:

I just tried sending a zipfile to that address and it worked OK - bloody computers. It does annoy me when software tries to be too clever. :rant:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Screenshots have been submitted for all of these courses. More to come as I have time.
(update: I'm not updating this list any longer but will continue to upload screenshots as long as the admin will allow or I am in the mood to do so)
Last edited by migolfer on October 3rd, 2022, 6:48 pm, edited 21 times in total.
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Gave a mini review of this course as seen below found on page 13 of Wonderful Golf Courses. Its in game on my computer - I liked it as well. :yes:

Re: Wonderful Golf Courses
Post by PinHi » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:05 pm

Oakmont Country Club 2010 Beta by Scott Lewin Par 70 7251 yds. Very nice looking when looking out from tees. Colour of long grass - heavy rough - fairways and greens looks great. Set up for tournament play - mixed trees set well back and are not a problem - deep rough if you do get under them - no water but lots of sand traps in landing area of tee shot - fairways a good size but need to be close to snap if you choose to go all out off tees. Greens are easy for most part. Play in breeze and gusty for a good challenge and if your fearless try windy. A top notch course! :smile:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Andy, is there still a preferred image size?
I see in your initial post you state 590 x 442, but checking various course pics the image sizes are all over the place.

T
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Duck Hook wrote: July 11th, 2022, 2:50 am Andy, is there still a preferred image size?
I see in your initial post you state 590 x 442, but checking various course pics the image sizes are all over the place.

T
The images are always constrained/adjusted to a width of 590 pixels to ensure the layout of the entire page is not adversely affected. Otherwise, the only consideration is keeping the file sizes reasonable.
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Right, no worries. Thanks Andy
:cheers1:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

More course screenshots have been added, see my updated list above. There are more left to do than I am likely to ever try to finish, so if you know of some courses that you feel should have some and don't, respond in this thread and I'll prioritize them. Adelade send me a list and I did those. Otherwise, I'm somewhat favoring those released more recently.

Feel free to contribute your own too. :) Let's not overwhelm the admins/Andy here though, inserting these into the database isn't automated.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

The thing I like about contributing screenshots is that I get to see more courses that might otherwise take a long time before I'd play them. It takes longer to play 18 than to go into practice mode and capture some views (no more than 10 minutes or so).

There are a few I've been excited about having discovered. Very many of these are BETA courses. This one is the latest to get me really interested, it was done by a couple of well known Links designers:
Check out the (new) screenshots and download the course, you might like it as much as I do.
p.s., the review, although it is nice to have a comment by someone rather than nothing, is not helpful and bears no resemblance to my opinion of the course.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Cheers for the continued effort :thumbup:

Noticed one mistake - the screenshots for Colonial Country Club 2020 are definitely taken from one the older versions instead of the actual 2020 update, which has a very different look with all new textures.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Adelade wrote: August 20th, 2022, 5:40 pm Noticed one mistake - the screenshots for Colonial Country Club 2020 are definitely taken from one the older versions instead of the actual 2020 update, which has a very different look with all new textures.
doh.png
doh.png (28 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
Fixed! Glad you caught that. You can see the original course name in the screenshot too, not the one suffixed with "2020".