Aberdovey- i have fogotten a few things

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
brooks2345

Aberdovey- i have fogotten a few things

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi All

Am working on Aberdovey Golf Course in mid-Wales at the moment, but for some reason I can't raise and lower vertices, so my course is dead flat with no ups and downs. I thought this could be measured by the three boxes bottom right, which appear when you use terrain/vertex/move. The two left-hand boxes appear, but the right-hand one refuses to activate, and as this measures height, I'm stuck! What am I doing wrong - how do you activate that third box?

Cheers

John Brooks :wallbash: :helpsmilie:
Adelade

Re: Aberdovey- i have fogotten a few things

Post by Adelade »

Did you see Sage's reply to your last post: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 456#p16456 ?

To clarify, right click the name of the view (normally height is most practical to edit in either Perspective or Game Cam view), then select Z for activating edits on the Z-axis (vertical) as opposed to the XY (horizontal) one.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Thanks Adelade and Sage - amazing how quickly you forget things................... Must be old age creeping in!

Cheers

John Brooks :smile: :yes:
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

No problems with vertices now..........but now I'm on to planting.

The first things I wanted to stick in are the marker posts for aiming, and also the marker posts for ditches, sorry, that's "penalty areas" now, isn't it?!?!
Anyway, it appears that the yellow and red posts that I used to use were part of the original 2001 set, and these didn't transfer when I changed computers. Has anyone got a link so I can pick these up?

Cheers

John Brooks :wallbash:
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

Hi.

If you know of a course with them on, then couldn't you import them into your apcd planting set? Even locked courses can have things imported from them i think.
Peter
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

John,
This should help you.

Many thanks to Danny D
Hi everyone...

I have something here that will make everyone's APCD life much easier. In short, it's a fully functional new installation of the APCD with the 2001 Object Library included. This will solve the "Library Merge" problem that some designers have when trying to install the 2001 object library files.
https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=348

Ian
linkster

Post by linkster »

There is a good LIDAR DEM for Aberdovey Golf Course in Wales. :naughty: