Sages Problem Course

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
derricksummers

Re: Sages Problem Course

Post by derricksummers »

:thumbup: Thanks I will give it a try tomorow, bed time now. :notworthy: The upload site is disabled for staff holidays until 22nd Oct. can you recomend a good screen capture program, the Lightshot I am using wont capture anything in Links the screen just goes black, its O.K with everything else ?
Derrick
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: Adelade. I tried to use the link you sent for transfering files but it would not load. A lot more I tried did the same thing, maybe they are not compatable with XP. The one I eventualy found was really easy to use, no messing about, two E-mail addresses find the file you want click on it and send.
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (47.45 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
They let you know whats going on with the file and when its downloaded, I would certainly recommed this one for ease of use, That suits me perfect :laugh: :thumbup: Sage has got the file O.K So I hope what I have done is to his liking, The last thing that I wanted was to remove all the bunkers he had done but it turned out tjhat this was the only way of getting rid of the lines. Why the verts in these bunkers were causing the fault I have no idea.
Derrick
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

derricksummers wrote: October 5th, 2022, 11:09 pm can you recomend a good screen capture program, the Lightshot I am using wont capture anything in Links the screen just goes black, its O.K with everything else ?
Derrick
I've been using a freeware utility called Grabber2k for a long time. I just tested it with Links and it worked: https://grabber2k.software.informer.com/
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: It will not load says it has a virus, Could be its not compatable with XP operating system, everything I have is old :wallbash: Thanks anyway.
Derrick
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

If you press the key PrintScreen on your keyboard while in Links, you can then paste (Ctrl+V) the screenshot into any simple image editor such as Paint. Alternatively, I think a .bmp file gets created in your Links folder as well when you press PrintScreen. The Print Screen key often says Prt Sc or other similar abbrevations.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: Adelade thats my problem when I press Print Screen the whole screen goes black and the program shuts down,I have to click on the info in the bar at the bottom and it restarts where it left off. Everything else works fine its just when in Links it wont work. I used to use Screenprint 32 but that just wont let me download it. It keeps sending me to another screen to download what I have no interest in, very frustrating. Maybe XP is the problem.
:wallbash: :helpsmilie: :notworthy: #
Derrick
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

PM for you, Derrick.

Pete
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: Hi Pete I had this same problem with a file Sage tried to send me. Drop Box will not run on XP it says it needs windows 7 or higher ?
The one I am using ( Lightshot ) is the only one I could get to work, why it wont capture anything in Links I dont know, everything else is perfect. I seem to reflect some time ago Danny gave me a file he used that worked, but I lost a lot of things with computer problems
Derrick
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

No screenshot program is needed in order to take screenshots with Print Screen. Possibly Lightshot is whats causing the problem to begin with. Is it constantly running? If so, you can try closing it down. If it was me, I'd probably uninstall it right away (but I dont know whether you rely on it in other ways).

You dont need to download Dropbox the app/program in order to use Dropbox, Dropbox has both a program version and a website version and either can be used. Dropbox may try to get you to install the program because that is what they would like, but you absolutely dont need to. The website version is simpler. Are you saying the website will not display?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

:dunno: When I try to download certain things the screen just goes blank and nothing happens. I want to be able to capture part of the screen that I want not the full screen. Like I said Lightshot works perfect in every other way except in Links, so I dont think there is anything wrong with it.I have had a new graphics card installed could this be the problem. I will have another go at finding a different program if I can :bookh:
Thanks for the replies
Derrick