Sages Problem Course

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
derricksummers

Re: Sages Problem Course

Post by derricksummers »

Thanks Danny. Thats the one you gave me many moons ago and it worked perfect. I have downloaded it and I am having all sorts of mixed problems ?
I opened the Links file like you said and 120 pics came up what I had taken previously but could not find, I cleared them out and had a fresh start. But the problem now is that sometimes it works with the Print Screen and displays the file, others times nothing shows up. I have tried every combination I can think of with no luck. One thing I found is that if I play the game with it set to play in a window rather than full screen the Lightshot program works fine but in full screen when I press the print screen the screen just goes black and I am back to square one Pics below
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (9.14 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (7.47 KiB) Viewed 1757 times
The other problem we have mentioned about the lines only showing at certain angles comes up clear once I have removed all the bunkers from the course
What I did notice is that sometimes it looks as if there is another set of verts and lines ghosting underneath the main ones, but they cant be selected - Strange. I agree that the lines can show up in different layouts and positions, but in this case they were completly cleared once all the bunkers had been removed, I even tried different textures but the lines were still there. Every test I tried came back to indicate it was the verts in the bunkers that was causing the problems. I am no expert with the APCD so I will try anything that is recommended.
I dont like giving up so I will have another go later with the Screen Print Problem. Before I had to have my computer done up with a new hard drive etc I used Print Scren 32 and it worked perfect, but at the moment I am just tired of trying to download print programs that will work.
:ill: :surrender: :wallbash:
Derrick
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

derricksummers wrote: January 12th, 2023, 3:56 pm
Screenshot_6.png
Hi Derrick.

One problem I see is that it appears from your picture that you have your "display mode" set at 16 bit. You should NEVER set it at 16 bit, only 32. You may want to change that and see if anything works better.

Can you send me a copy of that course now that you have replaced all of the bunkers?

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

Hi Danny. Thanks for the interest. :notworthy: The File Transfer I use is below, so I would need your e-mail address to send it. :thumbup:
File Move.png
File Move.png (27.39 KiB) Viewed 1726 times

The good news is that I have got my Lightshot program working in Links. I had a playabout with the settings and the one that works is below
Display.png
Display.png (9.77 KiB) Viewed 1726 times
It was 1024 768 32 bit I wanted it working for when I come to do Hole Previews
If you send me your e-mail I will send you the course to have a look at. I have not had any word from Sage to see if he wants to finish of the course with elevations and planting how he likes. He did give me the course to do what I wanted with, but its still Sages Design and I have had no experience doing a shore line with cliffs etc, Something he is good at
Derrick
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

derricksummers wrote: January 13th, 2023, 11:16 am Hi Danny. Thanks for the interest. If you send me your e-mail I will send you the course to have a look at.
Sorry Derrick, but my email won't accept large files. Perhaps you can send it to Dropbox and send me a download link ??

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

Hi Danny, Its not a very big file, you could just try it. Drop Box and quite a few others will not run on XP they say they want windows 7 or higher. I only have 5 main programs on my drive and they are all at least 20 years old, but they all run perfect on XP. I have 77% free space on my drive even with over 200 courses.
Derrick
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Dropbox can be used in two different versions - either the Program - which you download, install, and run. Or else the Browser version, which doesnt have any requirements about operating systems. Another option is WeTransfer, which is also Browser based and works regardless of operating system. Neither require you to download anything in order to upload and share files on them. All you need is a functional email address. Dropbox requires you to make a free account, WeTransfer doesnt.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
derricksummers

Post by derricksummers »

I Adelade. We have discussed this before ? I go on my server and type in what I want, the list comes up no problem whatever it is I have requested. Now the problems start and I cant do nothing about it. In some cases it says - 1. its not compatable with XP. - 2. The screen just goes a blank white and nothing happens. - 3. The download page comes up but the download is not accepted. I have had all these problems trying to download a Screen Print Program, I have followed your advice and others with no luck. The one Danny gave me is one I have used before with no problems but now its hit and miss it works when it wants. The one I am using ( Lightshot ) would not work normal in Links but I finally got it up and running by playing about with the resolutions in the game, but even now it seems to work when it wants. Everything else is working fine so I have decided to leave well alone and dont mess with something I dont know nothing about. If something goes wrong I am up the creek. One bit of good news is that tommorow I am seeing a surgeon to see if he can sort out my problem fingers. I Play the Piano and I have had my eyes sorted out with cateracts and Lazer treatment so I can read the music, now I want my hands sorted so I can Play it. So thanks for all the help and replies I have had from everyone. The APCD and Forum is my only link with the outside world at the moment.
:notworthy: :thumbup: :smile:
Derrick