Penalty strokes

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
gator

Re: Penalty strokes

Post by gator »

When you were setting up your course in APCD, did you happen to check the box for non-regulation holes (aka the "box of death")? This is usually a major contributor of disappearing holes.
colbd@earthlink.net

Post by colbd@earthlink.net »

I selected create hole boundary and no other shapes, should I have selected boundary shape only.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Disappearing cups can either be caused by the problem mentioned already, or else by playing a course file that was saved only with the regular save feature ("Save" or "Save As...") rather than the "Validate & Save" one. Making certain edits in APCD will cause at least occasional disappearing cups on that course file until you do a Validate & Save.

As for your question about hole boundary shapes, I dont think that one has any effect on disappearing cups, but many designers will recommend that you only use the "for existing terrain" option. You can successfully make a course with either of the 3 options, but the ones other than "for existing terrain" can cause certain headaches, at least the auto-create shapes one.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
colbd@earthlink.net

Post by colbd@earthlink.net »

Thanks for the info