GOOGLE EARTH AND GOOGLE MAPS

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
Jimbo

GOOGLE EARTH AND GOOGLE MAPS

Post by Jimbo »

I'm looking at both Google Earth and Maps and am wondering if there's any way to erase street/place names on Maps and to delete the little circular icons on Maps. If I scan down to 20 feet they disappear but there's no way that I can create enough pictures to use on my GIMP program to finish the project in my lifetime! :dunno: :scared:

You designers are "special"! :notworthy:
Adelade

Re: GOOGLE EARTH AND GOOGLE MAPS

Post by Adelade »

Not sure about Google Maps, but in Google Earth Pro (which is free) the answer is yes. Check the "Layers" menu (default at bottom left I think), for example Roads, Borders and Labels, etc.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks Adelaide-once I get through Lez's tutorials I'll be talking to you and Sage...a lot! :cheers1:
All those verts can be hard on the eyes... :helpsmilie: :bookh: :fear:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

LOL....."VERTS"......I'm working on a real course right now that so far just adjusting the grid verts for basic elevations is 4,000 plus.

HELLO...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO...!!!

Sage...... :smile: :smile: :smile: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Sage (and Jimbo)

Which Course are you working on? I'm looking at Silvertip which has els all over 4,000 ft.

To get rid of place names etc all you have to do is go into Save Image, but before you do any saving, go to Map Options where you can get rid of titles, etc. In addition, if you bring up the left hand margin indent and go to layers, you can unscore place names etc.

Cheers

John Brooks
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Brooksie-I'm driving myself crazy with Capilano in North Vancouver.
My long-range plan (if I live long enough) is to follow Stanley Thompson's most popular courses (including Jasper-Banff's sister course, Islington-St. George's sister course-and Highland Links in Cape Breton-there are also two great clubs on Cape Breton Island (the Cabots).
There is one other course just up the street from St. George's and Lambton-Weston, where Arnie won his first tournament.
My goal is to stay north of the border...there's a gold mine up here-almost all of which could be used as pro hosts but the PGA won't leave the Toronto area...LPGA and Seniors have been known to move around.
I find that interesting inasmuch as the Canadian Open iis now the week before the US Open instead of the week after the British Open. It could at least be in the same time zone.