Creases in seam blends

Share your designing tips with other Designer's. Find answers to your problems using the APCD.
ponkey

Creases in seam blends

Post by ponkey »

Hi

I've got a problem with some areas of my course.

In some bunkers I've got creasing in the seam blends, see attached piccie.

Has anyone else had this problem and can it be fixed?

I've checked the edges around and they've all got a sharpness of 0.

Thanks in advance

Peter

PS I hope I havent asked about this before
Attachments
creases.jpg
creases.jpg (53.82 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Danny D

Re: Creases in seam blends

Post by Danny D »

Hi Ponkey...

I'm not sure what you've got going on there unless its the known issue where the lighting causes some of the edges to show up in the texture from certain angles. If that's what you have going there's no way to fix it unless you can change the angles that the light falls on the material which is sometimes hard to do. If you can send me the course, I'll take a closer look at it and be able to tell if that's the case... You can attach an upload link to a PM to me if you want me to look at it.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

As always when this is brought up, I would love to see someone coming forward and posting a solution, but there might not be any. At least no perfect one.

You can check my comments about the issue in the third paragraph of this post, for some tips: viewtopic.php?p=10324#p10324 , but to me it doesnt look particularly bad in your screenshot.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
ponkey

Post by ponkey »

Thanks guys
your answers are very reassuring.
Definitely a light issue and not much to be done I think.
It seems like the shadier areas are affected. The areas in the light are not affected even when you go close in, whereas the shadier area gets worse the closer you get.
Just have to live with it. And yes Adelade it's not as bad as it could be from looking at your pics.

Merci beaucoup

Peter