Cambrian Ridge HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ColinC

Re: Cambrian Ridge HD

Post by ColinC »

Thank you very much for sharing this course with us. I played it last night and thought it was fantastic. Cambrian Ridge one of my favourite courses and your rendition has truly done justice to it and is a big improvement on the Microsoft version.

To me this feels like a final version, it is a beautiful rendition and totally playable. While I appreciate the effort that designers put into creating clubhouses etc. I would rather play a course without the bells and whistles than lose the opportunity to play a course because the extras are missing.

Since I won't be updating my course notes spreadsheet for a while now, I thought I would post my thoughts here:

Course Rating 95
Design Rating 95
Combined Rating 190/200
rotation R1
Difficulty Moderate

A fantastic update to an old favourite. Awesome inland course with lots of variety, big slopes, doglegs, large sand areas, rivers and lakes. Colour pops in the new rendition which is nicely planted, especially the grasses/bushes, lakeside areas and the bunkers.

:clapping:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Thanks Ron and Colin. :cheers1:
Colin, may i ask what rotation R1 means ?
No worries Adelade, thanks for mentioning that.
And Ian, I think I will choose a new course. I still have this monster sitting there waiting....idk, we will see :dunno:
cap1.JPG
cap1.JPG (158.25 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
raiti.JPG
raiti.JPG (133.44 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Todd,
Whatever you decide.
Good luck. :cheers1:
Ian
ColinC

Post by ColinC »

Hi Todd,

R1 is my personal notation for a top tier real course. I thought this course was really great :smile:

The map for the new course looks really interesting, looking forward to seeing what you do with it!

Cheers, Colin
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Ah, ok. Thanks
And yes, that course layout is very interesting. The world No.1 as far as I am concerned.... :ninja:
:cheers1:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I know that one :clapping: Its been sitting on the #1 spot of my most-anticipated, but I have a pretty good idea of how extremely time-consuming and probably soul-destroying that one must be to work on, so I've known not to get my hopes up for it being finished. As I recall, you were in the middle of elevation fiddling last time you worked on it, but how much is actually left of it (the elevation stuff)? Im guessing you were doing them based on flyover video and pictures? A couple times I considered asking if you wanted my help/collaboration with that stage, but I kept telling myself I just couldnt justify putting my time into something like that when I have so many other courses I want to work on.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Hey mate. To be honest I can't remember where I got up to it's been that long. I think most of the general elevations were done, now down to the multitude of individual humps, bumps and mounds.I am thinking about working on it again. As I was just saying to sage though it makes me nervous as it's so ultra private and exclusive I think they would monitor and actively pursue any legal options if they saw any unauthorised use of the course. idk. And you are right, if there was a course to burn you right out, this is it....lol

T
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Well Im thinking, since we do have for example like 10 versions of Augusta in the course list from back when this game was more than an obscure 20-year-old game, without those having been shot down, I think you should be fine!
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

Very well done. :cheers1:

Can't imagine what this place is like in real life. Some amazing, scenic tee shots. :thumbup:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Thanks mate

T