Seminole GC

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
GoBucks

Re: Seminole GC

Post by GoBucks »

Kunkleman wrote: March 8th, 2022, 11:44 am There is nothing to be gained by making negative comments about designers. :nono:
Agreed,
No matter where you go, there you are.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I'm not going to speculate on the why things get posted and are never put through. But working with the APCD is like having a second job, and there was more than one time when a fellow designer mentioned to me about having to work around his job and family life. Some designer's just can't get the time needed, they have the good intentions and abilities but don't have the time.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Unlike me Glenn...............this APCD thing is my job, I just don't get paid for my time.....LMAO...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage........ :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1: :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Understood! :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

I worked with dorse to help him out on a course update during the shutdown period when covid hit. He is a very busy man in his personal life, and he moves a lot. When he is at work, he doesn't have time for the APCD. When he got the time during covid, he came back here and tried to become active again. Finally when things loosened up again, he went back to his normal busy life and no longer had time for the APCD. I have him on my cell phone and could text him if I needed to, but out of respect for his privacy, I will not bother him. Just know that he is a very busy man and loves the APCD when he has the time. If he's not here, then he simply does not have the time.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I produced my first course in APCD when I was working, but I was working away from home. I had to spend Mon-Thursday in a hotel so I used the evening time to learn about APCD - and it also helped to keep me out of the bar :cheers1: Even so, it was still hard finishing work at 18-19:00 and then getting something to eat and then working on the course. It made for a long day.
I only started working again in APCD after I retired when I had the free time - better half permitting.
I imagine that if you must stop because of work and family considerations one will never know when, or if, you can resume the APCD work. :dunno: How somebody can be employed, have a family life and produce courses in APCD amazes me, and I believe that they deserve a little patience on our part.
Just my thoughts.
Ian
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

or we could have versions by different designers. Someone other than Dorse might just volunteer to recreate this course. :fcrossed:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Anyone doing Teeth of the Dog, Dominican Republic golf course by the ocean?

-Doug
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Best of luck if you decide to take it on Doug....looks a peach...it would definitely suit Links2k3....if you do decide(or whom ever decides to design it) hope they incorporate a good sea texture like what's on St Christophers Bay, and some of the other great coastal links courses on here.... :clapping:

ps..shout out to Sage and his fantastic tree planting and /textures..(second to none)....some great work there..keep desiging.... :clapping:
Ben Jammin

Post by Ben Jammin »

Image This one nice too... Playa Grande north coast of Dominican Rep. Called the Pebble Beach of the Caribbean :smile:
Attachments
playa grande.jpg
playa grande.jpg (352.91 KiB) Viewed 2067 times