Courses Lost & Found

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
jwgriffingca

Re: Courses Lost & Found

Post by jwgriffingca »

My guess is those screenshots were from Jeff Howes Golf Design website as marketing renderings for his real-life golf course design business. One of the replies mentioned John Aherne - he had/has a business (Golfgraffix?) of doing course renderings for IRL architects using APCD/Links. I assume JHGD was one of his customers.

https://jhgd.com/projects/
This page mentions Bunclody, Farnham Estate, Mount Juliet, and Newlands.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

jrr12121 wrote: April 29th, 2020, 7:24 amunfortunately don't have these in my HDD. was hoping if these were released in one of the community sites.. and if anyone can share these with us too if they are available.
Thats really sad if those courses are forever lost :sad: Do you remember where you got the screenshots from? Or in case you made the courses, to whom or to which sites they were ever distributed?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
jrr12121

Post by jrr12121 »

Adelade wrote: May 3rd, 2020, 6:56 pm
jrr12121 wrote: April 29th, 2020, 7:24 amunfortunately don't have these in my HDD. was hoping if these were released in one of the community sites.. and if anyone can share these with us too if they are available.
Thats really sad if those courses are forever lost :sad: Do you remember where you got the screenshots from? Or in case you made the courses, to whom or to which sites they were ever distributed?
Hi Adelade if I'm not mistaken I might have gotten this from Jeff Howes Golf Design website as mentioned by jwgriffingca although long ago. Would hope if someone knows Jeff Howes, he might still have these on his HD.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

jrr12121 wrote: May 4th, 2020, 11:24 amWould hope if someone knows Jeff Howes, he might still have these on his HD.
I only took a brief initial look at the site so far, but I may consider making an attempt to seek contact and asking about these courses some day (if they actually are full Links courses) if no one else does it. If someone already has or ever does decide to try to contact Jeff Howes or the website about this themselves, please let me know here or in PM so we as a community dont end up excessively bothering anyone about it. I definitely dont want to stop anyone else from trying, Im sure they'd do a better job of it than me, especially since I was away from the community for a very long time and may have missed out on some relevant history. I know the site is a business and chances may be low even years after because of that, but I figure one can always at least ask. Sure seems unfortunate to me if these courses exist without being available anywhere.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
jwgriffingca

Post by jwgriffingca »

Adelade wrote: May 7th, 2020, 1:49 pm
jrr12121 wrote: May 4th, 2020, 11:24 amWould hope if someone knows Jeff Howes, he might still have these on his HD.
I only took a brief initial look at the site so far, but I may consider making an attempt to seek contact and asking about these courses some day (if they actually are full Links courses) if no one else does it. If someone already has or ever does decide to try to contact Jeff Howes or the website about this themselves, please let me know here or in PM so we as a community dont end up excessively bothering anyone about it. I definitely dont want to stop anyone else from trying, Im sure they'd do a better job of it than me, especially since I was away from the community for a very long time and may have missed out on some relevant history. I know the site is a business and chances may be low even years after because of that, but I figure one can always at least ask. Sure seems unfortunate to me if these courses exist without being available anywhere.
I think John Aherne is really the person you would want to talk to - I'm fairly certain that is John is the designer who created those renderings for Jeff Howes Golf Design. They may or may not have been full courses in APCD. John's business at the time included creating renderings of proposed IRL courses for architects to use with their clients to help them envision what the course would look like. I think for a couple of the projects, John was able to secure permission from JHGD and/or the client to publicly release the course to the Links community, but I think that was the exception rather than the rule.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I just noticed this post while looking for something and wanted to let you know that the last time I was talking to John he was working for Jack Nicholas' design team. I had contacted him about his beta of Valderrama and he didn't seem to think he had any of the old APCD courses left anywhere. That was a few years ago so I'm not sure what he is doing now or if he ever found any of his older courses.

Glenn