Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club - Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
AGLZZ

Re: Mountaintop Golf and Lake Club - Beta

Post by AGLZZ »

Absolutley great work. Wonderful course Thanks I wish I Had your Talent
Luenz

Post by Luenz »

Hi Ian,

great work, great Course. Just finished a round and had a lot of fun.

One thing... at Hole 8, Back Tees there is a big Tree that stands right in the middle of the Cart-Path (right of the Tee Area).

Kind regards
Derek
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Ron, AGLZZ and Derek,

Thank you so much for your comments, they are very much appreciated.

Derek,

I was a little lazy on this course as I only tested it in my default play setting of Close-up. I now see that in Panoramic view, I need to move the tree. Thank you, consider it moved.

I believe that there are members who don't download Beta versions, but wait for the Final version. This for me is a great disappointment as I rely on members playing the course and picking up all the mistakes that I have missed, and there are always mistakes. :rant:

Ian
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Another outstanding course. I like everything about it. One question, there is a rock wall near the green and pond near the 10th green. It seems to serve no purpose but if it's there in real life then so be it. The small stream that comes out of the pond also seems to disappear in part. Just wondering. I have yet to finish a round but I love it so far.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

The course plays great, but I'm a fan of Fc Fc, and I think the course would be a good candidate for greens that fast using some of the average pins. The bonus for me, besides the faster greens, is that I get 15 yards plus on my drives! Makes the course play differently. Awesome job on it, Ian!

Pete
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Chuck
Thank you.
I have no idea why the wall and the water are there, but I try to show anything that golfer may experience during a standard round of golf. (I assumed that the rock wall is used to add support when there is a sudden change of elevation. The water, I assume is for the drainage and where the stream goes from it I have no idea.)

Pete
Thank you.
The contour on the greens is an exact match to the very detailed contour maps given by Linkster. The pin locations may not be so exact. :smile:

Thank you to both.
Ian
Pete

Post by Pete »

Played it a few times now, looks & plays like a final, beautiful work, thankyou
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Course is very nice. Wish I could play the real one, I really like all the elevation changes!

Happened to notice this gem (this bridge) while playing a round from the Middle tees:
Mtntop-h9.jpg
Mtntop-h9.jpg (142.96 KiB) Viewed 1951 times
:thumbup: :tiphat:
Very nice. That entry pad should not cause the controversy that the patio they installed (now gone) on the Swilcan Bridge did! https://twitter.com/NickFaldo006/status ... 7342534657
linkster

Post by linkster »

Amazing job Ian!!!!

It is wonderful to see this awesome course terrain come to life! Great choice of textures and 2d objects!

I'll send you a pm about some technical APCD comments / questions but you did a great job with this course!

:clapping: :cheers1: :clapping:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Pete,
Glad you enjoyed playing the course.

Migolfer,

Obviously 21st century North Carolinans don't like dirt on their golf shoes, whereas 16th century Scotsmen didn't give a damn. :smile:
(Not knowing the climate in Cashiers I don't know how much rain there is during the course open months of May through October?)
The bridge shown is one of the standard bridges available from the 3D library, and is certainly grander that what appears to be on site.

Ian