Hermitage Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Hermitage Golf Club

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I recently had the pleasue of playing the Hermitage Golf Club, which was originally created for Links in 2010 by John Aherne and I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed playing this course. Even though the course is nearly 23 years-old, this is the first time I have ever played it and it was a pleasant surprise in many ways. While playing the course, it reminded me of a course that most people have probably played in their lifetime because of how it is a real course set in a parkland atmosphere. There are not many holes featuring water on this course, but the rough areas can be punishing if you miss the fairways. My only criticism of the course were the "Hole Previews." They are well-done, however, the type was very hard to read and it took away some of the strategy of how to play the holes. Overall, I would certainly recommend this course to anyone in the Links Community to play! :clapping:
ColinC

Re: Hermitage Golf Club

Post by ColinC »

The 10th at Hermitage is one of my favorite holes to play in Links with a great view of the river valley off the tee and the back nine is particularly enjoyable with the challenge of climbing up out of the valley.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Hi there ! I haven't downloaded the course yet to check it out, but because of your accolades I thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, there aren't any screenshots, but it IS listed as a real course. After having "Googled" Hermitage Golf I found four locations for that name. Tennessee, Virginia,
Vermont, and Ireland. Which one is Mr. Ahern's recreation for Links ?

Thanks......Ron
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Ireland
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Thanks, Chuck.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

FWIW, I just sent some screenshots of the course to LinksCorner. Andy should be updating them relatively soon (next day or two).
(Number 10 is a beauty.)
1941_4.jpg
1941_4.jpg (54.33 KiB) Viewed 2048 times
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Yes, I made the original post about this course and it was definitely a pleasure to play and hole #10 reminds me of some courses I used to play with my dad several years ago in Pennsylvania and West Virginia where the terrain is very "hilly" with drastic elevation changes. :thumbup: