Munchen Nord - Tree changes

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.

What is your preference for the trees on the upcoming Munchen Nord Eichenried update?

No changes (because I think the course should be kept as similar to the old version as possible)
No votes
No changes (because I like when trees are slightly in play - even on par 3 holes)
4%
Slight changes (because I think the course should be updated to play more like it does in real life 2022)
28%
Slight changes (because I dont like when trees are in play on par 3 holes)
No votes
Complete changes (because I think the course should be made to play as close as possible to how the course plays in real life 2022)
64%
Complete changes (because I hate when trees are in play on par 3 holes)
No votes
Anything is fine.
No votes
I will probably stick to the old course version from 2002 anyway.
No votes
Other [Please specify in a post]
4%

Total votes: 25

Adelade

Munchen Nord - Tree changes

Post by Adelade »

For more information - see the discussion in this thread, starting from this post: https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 650#p15650 (and the next few posts after it). In summary, the question is whether to move, re-size, or remove certain trees on specifically the par-3 holes 8th and 12th. (There are no plans on changing any other trees at the moment).

I am not necessarily promising to go along with whichever specific vote "wins", but obviously Im asking because I want to know what people want to see. The discussion in the other thread did not result in many people voicing their opinions, and Im currently somewhat on the fence about what I should go with, so perhaps a vote will give me more to go on.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Ian Wells

Re: Munchen Nord - Tree changes

Post by Ian Wells »

Adelade,
I posted Other because the decision should always be the choice of the course builder. Their work, their choice. In this case you and Sage.
Ian
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

For what it's worth, here are a couple of screenshots from JN6. Not a definitive anything, of course. There also is a version from TW08 but trees don't come into play at all. In fact, there are only bushes.
Attachments
Munch12.jpg
Munch12.jpg (570.01 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Munch8.jpg
Munch8.jpg (516.04 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
g3b

Post by g3b »

Just wondering about a possible progress report...

Thanks,
g3b :fcrossed:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

g3b wrote: December 27th, 2022, 11:13 pm Just wondering about a possible progress report...

Thanks,
g3b :fcrossed:
Just uploaded the Beta to Links Corner last night actually, it will likely become available very soon. Current plan is to let the Beta last around 3 weeks and upload the final somewhere around Jan 20th - 22nd
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

...and I'm not nitpicking until the New Year! :thumbup:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Tree on right hand side of fourth tee can get in the way of your drive (i play a fade) but a lovely improvement of a great course, many thanks
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yeah I personally felt like that tree - unlike the ones mentioned before on the par 3s - is not obstructing to an unrealistic extent though, and instead is a nice little quirky and strategical part of the identity of the course that I didnt want to change. It is an easy hole and not a par 3 and as I recall you can still access a substantial amount of the fairway even with a straight shot. Im always interested in hearing if someone disagrees with my view on things like that.