Course Requests - 3

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duglis

Course Requests - 3

Post by Duglis »

Teeth of the Dog

Seminole

National Golf Links of NY
woody4077

Re: Course Requests - 3

Post by woody4077 »

seminole is "in the works" not sure which designer is doing it
MrT

Post by MrT »

There are surely many worthwhile courses. I still would like to see some courses that were released when Links was under Microsoft redone. One is Princeville/ Princeville Makai (towards the ocean) Golf Club (a Robert Trent Jones' course!). The current version, besides needing some TLC in terms of design improvement (it is from 2003 and predated the challenging settings), does not capture the beauty of this ocean course in Kauai. In the hands of the right designer this course could become a remarkable result.

I also think that Oakmont would deserve to get a final version. The current version is not bad (except that it is a beta and the last hole has a certain number of issues that can hinder the ability to play it), but it has been a while since the beta and it could definitely be improved and a course like Oakmont deserves its share of TLC.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm "learning as I learn" just how damn difficult is is to do a real course, even without a nitpicker.
My advice is to let our designers call their own shots. I'm pretty sure that many of them have real courses on their backup discs and we'll be plesasntly surprised.
BTW designers the Nitpicker is going to be unavailable to make your lives a livivg hell...at least for a little while-so if you happen to have some real courses that are close to completion this would be a good time...😉
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

1 / - BARNBOUGLE DUNES, TASMANIA, AUSTRALIA

2/ - SHISKINE, ISLE OF ARRAN, SCOTLAND

3/ - TARA ITI G.C - Just imagine one of the heavyweight designers taking on this one with Lidar and some heavyweight designed hd textures ...WOULD BE QUITE AN ADDITIONAL TO THE ARCHIVES

Areworking of Cog Hill ...with hd textures and lidar....

Someone to finish Sean Landry's Royal Liverpool - and bring it the the level of Royal Lytham...
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

morvio100 wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 9:29 amSomeone to finish Sean Landry's Royal Liverpool
If anyone is considering doing this, keep in mind that Sean Landry told us that he worked further on it since the last publicly available beta version, possibly much further. For now I highly recommend waiting to see if he returns, theres plenty time left before the next Open.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

If anyone is considering doing this, keep in mind that Sean Landry told us that he worked further on it since the last publicly available beta version, possibly much further. For now I highly recommend waiting to see if he returns, theres plenty time left before the next Open.
....thanks for the update Adelade....looking forward to Seans updated version... :thumbup:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

National Golf Links and Oakmont are on my list. I have something coming out in the next month or so that should have been done long ago
gator

Post by gator »

morvio100 wrote: September 3rd, 2022, 9:29 am ...

3/ - TARA ITI G.C - Just imagine one of the heavyweight designers taking on this one with Lidar and some heavyweight designed hd textures ...WOULD BE QUITE AN ADDITIONAL TO THE ARCHIVES

Pretty sure Todd is working on this one based on this thread he started a few months ago - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1613