Point Lobos Ocean Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Re: Point Lobos Ocean Course

Post by pmgolf »

Yes, I agree Sage.

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Okie dokie..................

Any player who wants the pins worked on for Point Lobos you can let me and Pete know and we can go from there.......

Good enough....?????

Sage........ :cheers1:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

Good old Sage is doing his best I reckon (the guy is pretty prolific in his output on here and seems to be getting better all the time.... haven't dl'd Point Lobos Ocean Course as yet... best greens I've played so far at least one course that comes to mind is Aherne's Esker Fields, Aherne is(should say WAS) a very good real course designer.....all Aherne's courses seem to very accurate...
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

sagevanni wrote: June 13th, 2022, 6:45 am ... Seems to me you guys can't putt.
Well, that's a real possibility. :)
However, I think if you try to play pin positions #12, 13, or 14 -- my round was probably on 13 pin (I always play the hard positions) -- you'll find that the green drops down by many feet past those pins. From this (dropped, practice) position you can see it is more than 4 ft down from not that far away and that's not the bottom of the hill! Anything hit even a little bit too far is going all the way to the bottom. Not fun.

It's not a huge deal, I can just change my green settings to be easier, or pick the easy pins if I were to play this one again, but I'm used to the distances on the swing meter now, took me a while to get used to Moderate(Challenging).
18green.png
18green.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 1015 times