Victoria National Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
PinHi

Re: Victoria National Beta

Post by PinHi »

Very nice design and looks great. Plays great too. I am in agreement with Weeler - fairways are too bright of a green for me and I never have been a fan of two tone greens. For me it does not crack my top 100 list. If these fair ways were darkened like for instance Arrowhead or Eagle Mountain or many others like those and a mow pattern was added - well I think it would look so much nicer - and probably be in my top 25. Just my opinion - and I am only one grain of sand on the seashore. I am not a designer but a player so I am not saying I could do better as I could never do what you have done. Great design just not what I like in colours for a golf course. My thoughts! :smile:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Pinhi,
Thank you for your comments.
Ian
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

I have sent the Final version to Andy.

Wheeler and PinHi
I have modified the colour a little.

Chuck and morvio100
I have not added tournament objects or crowds. At some point in the future when I am in-between courses I may add them and issue a tournament version.

Jimbo
Thanks for your nitpicks, hope you approve of the Final version

Thanks to all who downloaded the course and especially those that gave feedback. :tiphat:
Ian
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Ian: The newer colors/textures you've chosen for the Final version are, in my opinion, absolutely perfect ! Thank you SO much for actually making the changes. For those who prefer the brighter green look, I guess playing the Beta version could be their choice. The overall detail and realism is gorgeous. Of course this is a very much different type of course than Wade Hampton, but the craftsmanship is on par. Thanks for your work ! :notworthy:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Ron,
Glad you like the new version. I hope you enjoy playing the course as much as I do.
Ian
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

Looks good Ian - better than the beta. :yes:
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Thank you for adding this course to the Links collection, this might be your best yet, but that's kind of hard to say as I like Wade Hampton a lot too. Wait, and Pasatiempo. And Peachtree! Never mind, they're all equally terrific additions.

I'm just now realizing I've not downloaded/played Sweetlake yet. Remedying that now...

Thanks again.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

migolfer,
Thank you, that is the nicest compliment I have received for my APCD work. It is much appreciated. :tiphat:
(Sweetlake was a long time ago, and my first attempt, so please allow a little tolerance.)

Thanks again.
Ian
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Ian Wells wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 4:31 am (Sweetlake was a long time ago, and my first attempt, so please allow a little tolerance.)
yw

Sweetlake did feel like a first-attempt type course, the textures were a tad dark, but, overall I was quite pleased with it. I saw nothing there that needed an apology of any sort. I enjoyed the round. thx for the contribution
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Migolfer,
I wish I could start it again, not least because I would be 12 years younger. :smile:

I replayed the course a few months ago when somebody mentioned it and as you so rightly stated:
did feel like a first-attempt type course
but at the time I was really pleased that I had managed to build a course in APCD.

"Overall Hopefully not to become a one-hit wonder, Sweetlake is a terrific woodland course
which will hold up to tournament play as well as casual rounds. 35/50"

When I received that review in Clip-Notes, it gave me encouragement to try to build another course. (I won't highlight the 4/10 and the 6/10 scores he gave me in Challenge and Appearence.) :whistle:

Ian