Shadow Creek

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Re: Shadow Creek

Post by Danny D »

Hi guys... A few words on Shadow Creek...

I've always been one to try my best to include the surrounding buildings and background scenery on real courses. My theory was, if it's part of the surrounding scenery, then it should be there on the course to remind you of the actual course.

I have noticed that at Shadow Creek, all of the buildings on the plot are pretty much hidden from view by hills and trees. Nothing to see while playing except terrain and trees. The only view I could see of the clubhouse is from the 18th green. All you can see is the back of the clubhouse thru the trees. The rest of the clubhouse is all deeply embedded in the trees and not visible from the course.

I see no sense in building any structures that you can't see from the course, so I'll just make them visible from top views using Google Earth screenshots. I may build a simplistic clubhouse with only detail added to the back side that you can see from the 18th green. I see no need to do the entire building in detail if you can't see it.

I plan mostly to concentrate on the course and scenery. It's a beautiful layout and I will have to come up with some decent textures that will do it some justice.

I will drop in now and then and post my progress as I complete the different stages of the build. Wish me luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
pmgolf

Re: Shadow Creek

Post by pmgolf »

I agree 100%, Dan! :yes: :yes: :yes:

Pete