Barton Creek

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Barton Creek

Post by Weeler »

I happened to recently read an online article about the Barton Creek Resort complex outside of Austin , TX. Then I remembered that LINKS had a 2001 version that was out there, and I "resurrected" it from my flash drive, and played a round. I thought it was a fun course to play, and would definitely be a great candidate for an HD upgrade for LINKS. Then, I went to the real course website and discovered that the property actually is comprised of (4) layouts, all designed by prominent course architects. The 2001 version is the "Fazio Foothills" course. He also designed the "Canyons" course as well. I guess those are the two that I'm focusing on in this post.
It seems that both of the Fazio courses would lend themselves well to a very talented designer on the APCD. And.....if I remember correctly there is a designer out there who has an affinity for Fazio's course designs ! I don't remember who, off hand.
Anyhow, instead of just adding these to the list of "Courses I'd Like to See ", I just wanted to "promote" either of these layouts as a new "real course" project for one the skilled designers out there. The Barton Creek area is in Texas Hill country, and seems to have a more "green" and varied look about it in comparison to say, "Austin CC", which looks more flat and "drier" to me. I would also think that since this resort is fairly popular, that all the necessary "Google Earth" or Strakaline info would be available as well. Anyhow, I appreciate your time in reading this, and hope that someone might take on the challenge !

Weeler
pmgolf

Re: Barton Creek

Post by pmgolf »

I do love Fazio courses - especially in real life! And I would love to do a re-do (HD) on the Barton Creek Canyon course (I even bookmarked it in Google Earth), but it's going to be at least a year before I can get to it. It was my favorite of all the old Links courses that came from Access Software.

Pete
MrT

Post by MrT »

I love Barton Creek Fazio Foothills!. I do not always do well on it, but almost always have fun. I also like the views. It is different from all other courses I play on. An HD version of it would be super!
Hired Goon

Post by Hired Goon »

MrT wrote: April 5th, 2022, 8:08 pm I love Barton Creek Fazio Foothills!. I do not always do well on it, but almost always have fun. I also like the views. It is different from all other courses I play on. An HD version of it would be super!
I would also be very appreciative of this. Played it a lot back in the Links 386 Pro days.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

It's been years since I played it, but certain holes stick in my mind, like that first hole with the severe left-sloping fairway, water on the left, and another hole, par-3, over a gully to a small green. It definitely was "different", that's why there's still a memory of it maybe 20 years later.
MrT

Post by MrT »

FOOOOORE! wrote: May 11th, 2023, 10:29 am It's been years since I played it, but certain holes stick in my mind, like that first hole with the severe left-sloping fairway, water on the left, and another hole, par-3, over a gully to a small green. It definitely was "different", that's why there's still a memory of it maybe 20 years later.
That is it! I got some great games there and some so and so games. But I do enjoy this course. It is oldish and needs some TLC, but It is fun 90% of the times. So a good one in my book.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I just took a look at the Barton Creek website. As it turns out the are a couple of otherr courses there too. One designed by Ben Crenshaw and one by Palmer. :whistle: