Installing a Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
GMR

Installing a Course

Post by GMR »

Hi all,

I have downloaded the recent Waialae Country Club course .CRZ file but don't remember how to install it. I thought there used to be an executable file that I had to run but not sure now? Any help locating a thread that must have covered this process in the past is appreciated since I did not find one.

Thank you,
Glenn
pmgolf

Re: Installing a Course

Post by pmgolf »

I don't know where an instructional post might be, but to install a course, open the zip file (i.e. unzip it), put the file that's inside it with .CRZ at the end into the \Links 2003\Courses\ folder.

Pete
GMR

Post by GMR »

That was easy enough, thanks Pete.

Glenn
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

GMR wrote: January 12th, 2022, 2:09 am That was easy enough, thanks Pete.

Glenn
Warning to anyone using or contemplating installing Windows 11. This method no longer works. Courses must be installed via the In Game "Options>Add" feature. Also you will need to create a new desktop file to store any courses you want to add. I called mine "Add Designer Course" The "in Game" process will add the .crv file into the Courses directory. I am assuming this is another of several Win 11 Security features that are designed to protect you from yourself. There are also other types of Files/Apps that cannot be added to your desktop even via a link. Ensuring you are Still Administrator does not Help in these cases, but as I noted in an earlier post, currently Win 11 updates still remove you as Administrator. So it is always wise to check. Many complaints, so hopefully this will soon be rectified. :wallbash: :surrender:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
John B

Post by John B »

I'm using Windows 11. Nothing has changed at all for me in regards to downloading and installing courses. I download the course as usual, extract it as usual to my desktop. Open my courses folder, drag and drop the crz file to that location and that's that. No different from what I've done for years.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

...and don't forget to set up a file for any "extras" that are included!😉
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Why do I, after putting the crz into my courses folder then have to go to course manager and add them before I can play them??
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I haven't had to change my routine at all since moving to W11.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

I haven't tried the original methodology for awhile and there have been 2 Win 11 updates recently; so I will give the drag and drop .cvr to the Courses file another try. :fcrossed:

To clarify: what was happening previously was .crv's dropped into the Courses folder were not showing up in the Games Course Selection List, as would be expected. The 2 courses I just added showed up. So this is working as expected now. :clapping: :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile: