Wahat Al Sahraa

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Wahat Al Sahraa

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I just played the fictional desert course "Wahat Al Sahraa" designed for Links by Stephen Sullivan and I just wanted to say that it was an excellent course to play. The course plantings look very realistic and there are particularly some tricky holes on the back nine that were a challenge in terms of knowing what clubs to select. Some of the fairways are also very narrow and the bunker placements made for a true test of a golfer's skill for sure. Even though this course has been in the course directory since 2020, I would recommend it to anyone for a challenging round of golf in the Middle Eastern desert! :thumbup:
Stephen Sullivan

Re: Wahat Al Sahraa

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Cheers Jeff :thumbup:

I did it specifically because I run the DP World (European) Tour at LSPN, and there are so few Middle East courses and they play 4 events there.

I may have to think about doing a Sister course at some point when life gives me time :wallbash:
1PuttJeff

Re: Wahat Al Sahraa

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Stephen, thanks for your reply to my post yesterday about the "Wahat Al Sahraa" fictional golf course you created for Links! Yes, I really enjoyed playing the course as it was very realistic and I thought you did an excellent job with it. Creating a "sister" course would be interesting too and I was also intrigued by the name you chose for the course, so I did a little research on it and discovered that Wahat Al Sahraa is actually a real entity and is the largest nursery in the United Arab Emirates! :clapping: