Coming soon....

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Re: Coming soon....

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Pete, I’ll take a look at the pins. There are a couple of difficult greens on the course and I do remember one with somewhat of a bowl on it. I’ll look when I’m getting it ready for a final. :cheers1:
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Glenn, I see that you have 12 pins for every green---4 each being easy, moderate or difficult. Could you please critique how you decide which is which? I am thinking it might be position on green that is hard to get approach shot close as pin is guarded by sand, water, steep elevation fall off or some other sort of hazard. In addition hazards come in the form of slopes on greens where slopes prevent shots from ending up close to pin or there might be pin set on unfair slope where approach putt even from close range of say 20 feet would be almost impossible to wind up within gimmie range. Of course there could be wicked combination of having to hit a long shot over water to a front pin and the pin positioned on a crowned area---where certain if reach green would have mid-length first putt at best that might just end up 3 putting. This would qualify as a difficult pin I would say.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I start with the easy pins, usually placed as near to the middle of the green as possible on the flattest of areas, the normal pins move toward the edges and may be in spots that are not completely flat, the hard pins are planted usually between 9 and 10 feet away from the collar and placed in areas where you are dealing with a hazard, ie..sand, water, or a severe drop off in green contours.
Stuart Hatch

Post by Stuart Hatch »

Just wondering where you are with uploading a 'final' version of TPC Scotsdale or is the beta version going to be the finished article. :unsure:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Stuart Hatch wrote: February 21st, 2022, 7:33 pm Just wondering where you are with uploading a 'final' version of TPC Scotsdale or is the beta version going to be the finished article. :unsure:
I have some things to do before I get around to a final, but I will take the comments and make some fixes. We are working on some time sensitive releases so I'll get there. Thanks for asking :cheers1: