Hermitage Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
migolfer

Hermitage Golf Club

Post by migolfer »

With the arrival of the new Valderrama course, I was looking at the other courses the designers have uploaded previously.

While searching by Course Designer for John Ahern [sic], I happened to notice some errors in the search results:
  • The file sizes for a few of those show as 0.0, but they're actually not zero.
  • His name was misspelled (it would seem). If someone searched for "Aherne" they'd not get Valderrama in the search results.
Is any of that fixable Andy?

J.Aherne.png
J.Aherne.png (112.13 KiB) Viewed 1679 times
pmgolf

Re: Hermitage Golf Club

Post by pmgolf »

My mistake. I left the "e" off the end. Certainly fixable, I would assume.

Pete
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Hey, I just connected the dots -> <p><m>golf, you must be the co-author of that course!
Thank you, that is a fine edition to my (and all of ours) collection.
:cheers1:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Not much of a co-author, I'm afraid. It was an old Beta, and I noticed that it only had 4 pins on each green, so I checked with John and he didn't mind me adding 14 more pins to each green so it could be played with the current 1.07 version of Links. He's the one that did the course, and did a great job - I just added pins. Hope you enjoy it!

Pete
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

migolfer wrote: November 20th, 2021, 1:24 pm With the arrival of the new Valderrama course, I was looking at the other courses the designers have uploaded previously.

While searching by Course Designer for John Ahern [sic], I happened to notice some errors in the search results:
  • The file sizes for a few of those show as 0.0, but they're actually not zero.
  • His name was misspelled (it would seem). If someone searched for "Aherne" they'd not get Valderrama in the search results.
Is any of that fixable Andy?

J.Aherne.png
Corrections made.