Best Par-3 course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pancho

Best Par-3 course

Post by Pancho »

Looking for opinions on the best (most realistic) par-3 course to use for a tourney. Thanks
CET

Re: Best Par-3 course

Post by CET »

Try Augusta National Par 3 by Lee Harris & Eddie Schmidt. Can't go wrong with this one.

:cheers1:

CET
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned in my original post that I have considered and rejected Augusta because the holes only range from 55 to 140 yards. The kind of course I am looking for will have at least a couple holes requiring a fairway wood or long iron.
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Try The Dustin Trophy by Lez Marwick.

It has three holes over 150 yards.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

I would recommend Shadow's Run, it may or may not be the "best", but I sure like it.
The first hole starts you out with a 250 yard shot, so your fairway wood requirement is met!

Here is the full list on the Courses page:
https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... hType=Par3
If you find a good one, share it here, I am unfamiliar with 90%+ of those par 3 courses.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

This one never made it out of BETA, but would be a good candidate for your tournament play:
Chestonia Hills

The embedded sound files are kind of annoying though.
Pancho

Post by Pancho »

Thanks for the suggestions, Mr Michigan. Chestonia Hills would be nice except for the annoying edging around greens and tee boxes; really takes away from the realism. I don't hear the sounds to which you refer as I have disabled ambient sounds many years ago. Would be nice if someone could get the source code and clean it up a bit. I think I'll go with Shadow's Run as it fits my requirements very nicely.