Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
GoBucks

Re: Courses I'd like to see in Links 2003 Part 2

Post by GoBucks »

Too many courses, too few designers. :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

pmgolf wrote: September 3rd, 2021, 9:13 pm I've been watching the Korn Ferry Championship on the Golf channel. The course they're playing would be great on Links. Check it out on Google Earth in 3D: Victoria National Golf Club near Evansville, Il.

Pete
I checked out this Victoria National course and highly agree :thumbup: - surely would play really fun in Links. Won't be able to give it a go myself (too many other courses in mind), so I would love if any other designer could prehaps consider it :smile: Great looking layout with seemingly excellent strategic hole designs and what I would call a nice yardage of 7239, no overbunkering so not too many of those to fiddle with, GoogleEarth 3D, located in USA so there might be decent elevation data possibilities, seems to be listed on Strackaline, and flyovers here for example (including simple but nicely helpful greenslope graphics) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAplzlqbX_I Lot of water but considering the landscape Im guessing it all is on the same elevation level so I doubt there would be complications with that.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I would love to see someone do the King &Bear Golf Course in Florida that Arnold Palmer and Jack Nicklaus co designed together that looks like a very challenging course at par 72 7,279 yards from the back tees think it would be a good addition to the game.