Revisiting Pinehurst #2 HD By Robert Miller

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
1PuttJeff

Revisiting Pinehurst #2 HD By Robert Miller

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I recently played Robert Miller's rendition of Pinehurst #2 HD for Links and it was a pleasure to play again. I hadn't played this course in a long time, so Rory McIlroy and I played a friendly game of Skins on this course and it was a lot of fun! I had forgotten what a great job, Robert did creating this classic course for Links and I especially liked his attention to detail of not only around the greens, but also the buildings that surround the course in some areas and the ball washers, benches, and water dispensers throughout. I would highly-reccommend anyone in the Links community to play this course again if you haven't done so in a while because it will be worthwhile! :thumbup:
Adelade

Re: Revisiting Pinehurst #2 HD By Robert Miller

Post by Adelade »

:thumbup: The big question about Pinehurst #2 to me is - which do you all like best - Pinehurst #2 HD or Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD ?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Rob was able to import various 3D objects he made in 3D max, ie ... ball washers, benches, etc.. Wish we were still able to do some of those things
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Adelade wrote: December 9th, 2022, 8:51 am :thumbup: The big question about Pinehurst #2 to me is - which do you all like best - Pinehurst #2 HD or Pinehurst #2 Restoration HD ?
Adelade, thanks for commenting on my post recently about Pinehurst #2 and which version people prefer for Links. I have never played the "restoration" HD version, so I can't comment on that, but I really like the "HD" version! :thumbup:
PinHi

Post by PinHi »

For me I like the 2008 HD Pinehurst #2 more than the 2014 HD Version - maybe the newer one is more up to date - my preference and I have kept in my courses in game is 2008 HD version. :smile:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I like playing both now and then for variety but my favourite is the Restoration one, because of it being so unique.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...