Coming soon....

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Re: Coming soon....

Post by Danny D »

braden1308 wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 1:11 pm Thanks everyone!

Ian,

I am hoping to get the course out this week
Lookin' good! :thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I checked the beta out in practice mode, and also afterwards went to play hole 16 normally in a separate practice mode session. Not many observations or impressions to report on, things look really good! Very much looking forward to playing a full round on the final release. A few notes though:

-The 1st Cut itself seems to play as fairway, but the 1st Cut within the seamblend between 1st Cut and Fairway seems to play as Rough, causing there to be a narrow strip of Rough with Fairway on both sides.

-Those crowds on 16th just wont shut up while you putt! :laugh: They seemed a bit loud too, at least since, unlike in real life they go crazy even while a player is just about to putt. I realize there is no good solution within APCD since course sounds cant detect whether the player is about to putt or not, and personally I dont really mind it. Moreover, it goes a long way to creating a very unique experience for that hole beyond the visuals, which Im certain it is in real life for the pros as well, so I really like that. Im not sure if everyone will like how the crowds dont seem to ever get quiet for your swing, but it is just for that one hole, so surely everyone can put up with that, especially when the trade-off is such a unique and interesting (and IMO excellent) experience :thumbup:

-While the textures individually are all nice, the colour of the greens is rather yellow in hue compared to the colour of the other grass textures - at least in contrast with the fringes. I dont mind a slight difference, often greens are a bit more yellow, but I think the difference is too big to feel natural or look good in this case. I think it would look a lot prettier with the green texture edited to be a little less yellow. The same could perhaps be said for the deep grass texture too, but I dont necessarily mind it there.

-Would have loved to see 18 pins per green. A few interesting and realistic spots for tournament pins were without one. Not a big deal since I still found at least one set of pins that I will like.

-Unnatural elevations when comparing the steep slope of the front edge of 7th green with the abrupt flatness (or even opposite direction slope) of the fringe and fairway right next to it. The shading makes it stand out a bit.

-Personally not a fan of the fringes being raised compared to the greens, but others may disagree. Not trying to push for that to be changed for this course, just feedback for possible future courses, if anything.

Wonderful creation! :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

OMG! :notworthy: :notworthy: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I've done a little bit of nit-picking-I'll PM you, just a couple of yardage issues.

The real estate is beautiful!

Going back to my original post, is it possible to "turn up the volume" at 16? I don't know what sound optioms are available for spectators but I know that if I miss the fairway or a short putt I'll get a sympathetic groan from the crowd. Do we have anything that sounds hostile and angry? That's what the 16th needs too! :rant: :rant: :whip: :whip:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Jimbo, as I posted originally the yardages are not from the scorecard. They are taken from various tournament rounds.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Playing in tournament format is unreal! As I said the only improvement (and I don't know if you can do it) would be to increase the volume at 16-both cheers for hitting the green and boos for a miss (I know that the spectators in the current game can be sympathetic when you hit a bad shot, but I'm looking for outright hostility! :rant: )

Anyway... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I guess I'll have to go back to nitpicking Brooksie! :whistle:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Glen,
y Duglis » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:34 am

AWESOME!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :cheers1:
I second those thoughts. Every detail in this course is perfect, not a fault to be seen, a superb rendition.
My only "negative" thought on the course is the tee markers which look out of all proportion to me, but I am equally certain they will be accurate to what is used.

The quality of the courses being produced over the last year seems to get better and better. We have Sage (too many to identify), Adelade with Nine Bridges at Jeju Island, Dan with Coeur d'Alene Golf Resort now we add TPC at Scottsdale. I am never going to play a new course again while I am trying to build one. It is too soul destroying. (I think it's back to the drawing board for Victoria National, :wallbash: )

Fantastic course, congratulations. :tiphat:
Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Ian-I feel the same way as I try to learn APCD...and I'll toss in a word from Francois too.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I also agree with both Ian and Jimbo. Beautifully done course overall. The 3D stadium work is awesome ! I like the textures and colors used as well.
However.....the size of the tee markers bothered me a bit. To me, they could be reduced by about 1/3 or more. On some holes, their size almost
seemed distracting. It sure is nice to have an updated version of this VERY popular venue. Thanks, Glenn.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks everyone, I usually make the tee markers the same size but may have gotten a little extreme on this one :yes:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Georgeous creation, Glenn! I'm having a tournament there this week at LSPN.net (I'll send you a copy of the post tournament stats). When setting up the tournament, I came up with a few things:

1. Take a look at pin #9 on the 8th hole. It seem like it has been sunk in the bottom of a bucket - the terrain is quite elevated all around the hole, but the pin seems to be in a small depressed area.

2. On hole 15, there's an abundance of seriously sloped pins. I had to use 1 pin position twice in order to come up with 4 good pin positions. (I look for moderate to moderate-difficult pins) Quite a few pins on that hole qualify for "very-difficult" - but it's the only hole like that. Overall, great job on the pins! :yes: :clapping:

And I have to compliment you for what you did on hole #16. I usually play with almost all sound off, but I had to turn it on for that hole. Everyone - you want to see something great? Turn on your sound and go play 16 at Glenn's TPC Scottsdale-Stadium Course 2022! Really cool! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Pete