Computer Player - Infinite Drop Ball Loop

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
irobot2308

Computer Player - Infinite Drop Ball Loop

Post by irobot2308 »

Has anyone been stuck in an 'infinite' drop ball loop and knows how to get out of it?

After going into a water hazard, the computer player drops the ball but each time it rolls back into the water and I cant seem to get past the 'You must drop inside dashed line' message.
cloeks1

Re: Computer Player - Infinite Drop Ball Loop

Post by cloeks1 »

While your AI player is in the middle of dropping hit ESC key. It will ask you if you want to quit the game. Click yes, then restart Links...load last game and when it starts the player drops correctly.
Big Sexy JC

Re: Computer Player - Infinite Drop Ball Loop

Post by Big Sexy JC »

irobot,

This is super annoying and happens on a regular basis with my replay. I know absolutely nothing about APCD and I know the course designers probably don't consider computer players when they design a course, and rightfully so, but if you were able to designate a drop zone for balls that go into the water it would solve this problem. After 32 seasons played with computer golfers, I can tell you every "bad spot" on every course on this site.

For example, you want to send computer golfers into an absolute tizzy, setup 8 of them at the newest Augusta National and just wait for hole 13. Almost zero chance you can get through that hole without a couple of Links exits and restarts. Bay Hill 3rd, 6th and 8th are also notorious for this. TPC Southwind has an issue on 18 that computer golfers can't figure out.