Links Match Maker?

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
Dr golf

Links Match Maker?

Post by Dr golf »

Is this option still available (Match Maker)? Mine says not connected. What do I have to do to get this operating? :bookh: Thank you as always

Steve
Daniel

Re: Links Match Maker?

Post by Daniel »

No Match Maker does not work,you need to use Direct Connection and tick the box use this IP Address. You then need to configure your router with the ports to play other players. The port addresses are 2300 to 2400, 6073 to 6073, 47624 to 47624,you need to find port forward in your router to put these ports in or you could use the DMZ to open all ports, not recomended as this leaves your router open with no firewall.Saying that I use DMZ and rely on the Windows firewall for protection. I have played Links this way for years and I have never had any problems but the choice is yours. Using the DMZ you have to make sure that the last number of the router IP address is the same as the IPV4 address or it will not work. Also if your router wants the IP address of your router if you use the port numbers you must make sure that the last number of that address is the same as the IPV4 address on all of the ports you need to open or it will not work.It sounds difficult to do but once you have mastered it, it is like riding a bike. Once you get it working, in the box you ticked in the game use this IP address you type the IP address of your friend that you wish to play and you should connect up to each other providing he aslo has is ports open. Good luck hope this helps you. There are lots of other posts on the subject in Linksconer if you search for them.