Las Joyas - Using recommended course settings???

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
gene_golf

Re: Las Joyas - Using recommended course settings???

Post by gene_golf »

morvio100 wrote: May 2nd, 2022, 10:05 am Great info gene....19 courses listed....??....cant see a list of said courses...maybe someone should post that list at some stage....I would imagine (noobie view) here that calibrating exact/or closes to actual fairway/and green physics must to be super difficult for designers...nonetheless the presets do just fine(plenty of them) to have a really enjoyable round of links2k3.....played a round on Royal Lytham and St Annes 2020 by Bill Bunning, Sean Landry, Adelade yesterday....fantastic work by all three designers...must be one of the best tourney courses....the way they incorporated the the crowds is fantastic...and the Clubhouse is a work of art....hope Sean Landry gets to complete his Royal Liverpool, is in Beta ..a siimilar course.....but looks to have great potentional..... :clapping:
List was in post I made before in form of jpg. file that did not have show up own for last post I did as to see the course you have to go back to see the original link. That post involved MrT. asking about techniques of game. The 19 courses were made in transition period afterwards where course designers created texture properties acting differently than the 36 possible presets involving firmness/fastness for fairways and greens. I am not for certain and hope a noted course designer might weigh in and address firmness/fastness settings where kind of think they are now leaving that up to players to choose one of 36 possible choices to play and not create a new one themselves as there is so much work to do otherwise in designing a course anyhow. As mentioned the default selecting that recommended setting might otherwise go to firmest/fastest setting for older and newer courses other than 19 mentioned. There was a utility program added named Links Extender, possibly the same one where changes were possible for firmness/fastness of greens put out for designers where they could also customize rough to how shots out of it came out, such as only being possible to wedge out. Even though designers could have used stock textures they were given the keys to make changes to what they liked beyond what changes APCD program already had available to use from its inception. Instead of seeing you go astray by being a newbie I wanted to make you aware of the mistake that you were doing playing an older course not set up to be played with suggested course settings as were not yet possible. Here I would say that on some tough greens with severe slopes in between say away from hole 45 feet or so I chip with lw and play up high on slope hopeful shot rolls down close to hole where know a putter does not impart any grip to stop shot. There is option in 1.07 mod that takes away option to chip on greens if so choose to do.
morvio100

Re: Las Joyas - Using recommended course settings???

Post by morvio100 »

thanks for the info on that Gene.... :thumbup: