recorded player

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
scrollmanmike

recorded player

Post by scrollmanmike »

i downloaded a course that came with recorded player. How do i play against this player? Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Mike
pmgolf

Re: recorded player

Post by pmgolf »

Put the course in your /Links 2003/Courses/ folder, and put the recorded round in the /Recorded Players/ folder, noting down the name of the file. When you start your round and you get to the round conditions screen, it would help if you used the same conditions the recorded player used, but you will have to use the same pin positions that the recorded player used (the game takes care of it and will warn you about it). When you get to the players screen, you scroll down the list of players and find the recorded round you noted (I think those rounds are in orange), and add the player. My experience is that it's a lot of fun to see how someone else plays the game.

Pete
scrollmanmike

Post by scrollmanmike »

very much Pete. I have tried the instructions but the recorded player does not show up in the list. No worries, it was just a question. Thanks again,
Mike
scrollmanmike

Post by scrollmanmike »

Hi again,
Where is the recorded players folder located? Maybe I have it in the wrong directory as I have half a dozen recorded players but none of them show in the players list when i try to play. Thank you,
Mike
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Your data may be in the "Virtual Store", which is a place where inexperienced computer user's data is sent by Microsoft. I don't know how to get there. If your data is where it is supposed to be - where an experienced user would put it, then you will be able to find it using this picture of where my /Recorded Players/ folder is. It is a picture of Windows File Explorer. Or - Google can help you find it.
s_2171.jpg
s_2171.jpg (209.77 KiB) Viewed 3268 times
Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Try "OneDrive-Personal/Documents/Links2003/Recorded Players"
No matter where you go, there you are.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

What you see displayed is a short-cut way of getting inside the /Users/ folder, which contains the information we are after. And ignore the post that tells you to use "OneDrive - Personal". It is not correct, and it doesn't have a red line drawn beside it. The circled area in the screen print is what we are after - the pathname of the Recorded Players files - and each of those items have a red line drawn beside them.

First, open Windows File Explorer Press the "Flying Windows Key" down and hold it down while you press the "E" key. ("Flying Windows Key" is located between your left side Ctrl key and Alt key)

In addition to the four red lines were made on this screen print, and the red arrow, SIDE A and SIDE B have been added.
1. On side A, find the little PC icon named "This PC".
2. Directly below it, but slightly indented, you should see several icons, maybe one with "3D Objects", one with "Desktop", and one with "Documents", among others.
a) If NOT, though, hover your cursor over the "This PC" icon and a ">" (Greater than) sign will appear to the left of the icon. Click on the ">" sign and Restart step 2.
3. Click on the ICON for "Documents".
a) Over on Side B, a bunch of icons for folders will be listed with their folder name beside them. Find the one for "Links 2003" and DOUBLE-CLICK on it.
4. The list of icons and folder names on Side B CHANGES to what is inside the /Links 2003/ folder. Find the one named "Recorded Players" and DOUBLE-CLICK on it.
5. The display on side B changes to the files that are inside the /Recorded Players/ folder. This is where you put your .REC files so the game can find them.
s_2172.jpg
s_2172.jpg (165.31 KiB) Viewed 3230 times
Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: November 20th, 2021, 4:57 pm What you see displayed is a short-cut way of getting inside the /Users/ folder, which contains the information we are after. And ignore the post that tells you to use "OneDrive - Personal". It is not correct, and it doesn't have a red line drawn beside it. me can find them.

Pete
Gee, Pete. It works for me Takes me right to where I want to go.Open windows explorer in W10 and there you are,
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

It only works if you enable it. I'm suspicious of Microsoft's "toys" like onedrive and edge and don't use them. Probably has something to do with them not allowing me to install a retail copy of Windows 7 that I bought and paid for, making me eat the $100 that I paid for it, during the time where they were still supporting Windows 7. Am I bitter about that? No, not at all! :rant:

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I suppose if I'd had issues with MS like others have over my 30+ years of using their products, I'd be leery also. And I don't use Edge and never cared for IE. I've used Firefox for years. Works for me.

Standard Disclaimer : Results may vary