I am all for challenge, but this is not working as well as I hoped

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
MrT

Re: I am all for challenge, but this is not working as well as I hoped

Post by MrT »

pmgolf wrote: June 30th, 2021, 9:24 pm I give up, MrT. All these things you are discovering have already been discovered during the past 5 to 10 years. You apparently want to start from scratch. No sense me spending my time on you. Good luck!

Pete
I understand. ... it is not you, it is me....

Thank you, anyway.

At least I just discovered that the Ocean Course at Cabo del Sol is playable in Mc/Mc.. There are a couple of greens on the nasty side, but they are not the impossible type of nasty. Played +2 and that is after getting penalized for an OB. So, without the unusual mishap, I would have scored an EVEN which is ok in my books. A par 5 became a +2 as the green was not too .. amicable ... Two chip-ins as well. So, I am relieved. That course does not go sour in Mc/Mc. On second attempt: scored EVEN. Tried on Mc/Fc: that does not work.. greens do not hold the ball, even a small touch with the putter is enough to send the ball to the fringe or to where there is at least an uphill spot, hardly any braking. Spent one hour in practice mode to test putting on the Ocean Course at Cabo.