Backspin

For all topics about the playing of Links, such as Swing Types etc.
shagboy

Re: Backspin

Post by shagboy »

Isn’t it a rule of Links that a ball on the green will release if releasing is to the golfer’s disadvantage and backup if that action is to the disadvantage of he golfer?
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

shagboy wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 3:00 pm by shagboy » Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:00 am

Isn’t it a rule of Links that a ball on the green will release if releasing is to the golfer’s disadvantage and backup if that action is to the disadvantage of he golfer?
This has been my experience, Shagboy!

Jim
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

shagboy wrote: January 2nd, 2022, 3:00 pm Isn’t it a rule of Links that a ball on the green will release if releasing is to the golfer’s disadvantage and backup if that action is to the disadvantage of he golfer?
The game has another peculiar set of it's own rules.

If the greens are soft, the pins will be located in the back, so the ball sucks back to the front.
If the greens are hard, the pins will be located in the front so your ball will bounce and roll to the back of the green. :rant:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
TexAgs

Post by TexAgs »

I like the feature that makes it seem like there is stronger gravity on a ball as it travels across a lake. I've hit many shots that should have cleared the water, but came up just short!! After a while you learn to always take a little extra on those shots.
:dunno:
:laugh: