Where is everyone from?

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.

Where are you from?

USA - West
15%
USA - South
11%
USA - Midwest / Northeast
27%
Canada
9%
England
11%
Ireland / Wales / Scotland / Northern Ireland
5%
Northern or Eastern Europe
2%
Central or Southern Europe
7%
Australia / New Zealand
11%
Other
1%

Total votes: 88

GoBucks

Re: Where is everyone from?

Post by GoBucks »

Kunkleman wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:33 pm Latrobe, Pennsylvania: Home of Arnold Palmer, Mr. Rodgers, The Banana Split and birthplace of Professional Football! :thumbup:
And can't forget--Latrobe Country Club
And Rolling Rock beer?
No matter where you go, there you are.
crfuller

Post by crfuller »

Born in New Jersey in the late 1950's, grew up mostly in New Jersey and for a short time in New York, and I've lived in Minnesota for the last 38 years.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

GoBucks wrote: October 10th, 2020, 12:05 pm
Kunkleman wrote: October 4th, 2020, 12:33 pm Latrobe, Pennsylvania: Home of Arnold Palmer, Mr. Rodgers, The Banana Split and birthplace of Professional Football! :thumbup:
And can't forget--Latrobe Country Club
And Rolling Rock beer?

How could I forget! Unfortunately no longer in Latrobe. :cheers1:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Would be interesting if you split USA MIDWEST and USA NORTHEAST and made USA NORTHEAST= USA NORTHEAST/NEW ENGLAND :)
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Another complicated question. I was born in Otley, Yorkshire, England 1953. Moved to Canada in 1957, and lived many places in Canada. Moved to Egypt to live in 2003. Moved back to Canada in 2007. Moved to the Philippines to live in 2019, and currently live there. So where am I "from"? Earth, I guess! To say I'm from England is nearly meaningless.
Ben Jammin

Post by Ben Jammin »

North Carolina coast
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

FOOOOORE! wrote: October 13th, 2020, 6:16 am Another complicated question. I was born in Otley, Yorkshire, England 1953. Moved to Canada in 1957, and lived many places in Canada. Moved to Egypt to live in 2003. Moved back to Canada in 2007. Moved to the Philippines to live in 2019, and currently live there. So where am I "from"? Earth, I guess! To say I'm from England is nearly meaningless.
I just assumed you were from the Court of the Crimson King! :cheers1:
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

Captain Nemo wrote: October 30th, 2020, 7:48 pm
FOOOOORE! wrote: October 13th, 2020, 6:16 am Another complicated question. I was born in Otley, Yorkshire, England 1953. Moved to Canada in 1957, and lived many places in Canada. Moved to Egypt to live in 2003. Moved back to Canada in 2007. Moved to the Philippines to live in 2019, and currently live there. So where am I "from"? Earth, I guess! To say I'm from England is nearly meaningless.

I just assumed you were from the Court of the Crimson King! :cheers1:
Good band! Was that the name of the album or just a song? :unsure:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

King Crimson was the band's name (derived from "red king", which in Olden Tymes meant a king who ruled with a heavy hand), "In the Court of the Crimson King" is one of their albums. Robert Fripp was the leader, and Greg Lake (later of ELP) was a one-time member.
MarkBhoy

Post by MarkBhoy »

Hi!

Am a bit of a hybrid if you want to call it that. Born in the North East of England, same hometown as Graeme Storm and now resident in Northern Ireland where there are so many great courses such as Royal Portrush.