Golfer Charlie's Tips

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
charliemor53

Golfer Charlie's Tips

Post by charliemor53 »

It was one of my favourite golfers -Tom Watson - who remarked in a TV series on Sky Sports Golf , Chronicles Of A Champion Golfer, that ' you don't have to be a perfect golfer to win'; 'you can play a lousy game and still win'.
To that, I'd add that ones opponent will always gift you between 2-5 strokes.
So with that in mind, here is the updated version of my original tips; which seems to have been lost during this sites transition. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
1) Par is always your friend, because +1 takes two birdies to reclaim the -1 score
2) Keep and eye on the opponent, especially a computer one, the errors he or she makes are good humour value but also mean that that often a par is all one needs to both win the hole and keep 'the honours':- ie, teeing off first.
3) A weather eye on both wind and speed of greens helps
Lastly, even when you are ahead by say three strokes, it's oh so easy to lose that lead; the opponent gets a lucky eagle and you are down to a one stroke lead.
Although yours truly is not playing on Links 2003, all these tips work very well on the Golf games that I play on that I got from the Windows Store:- namely Par 72 IV, and Pro Golf Challenge.
The former uses a vertical gauge instead of the circular one on Links 2003; the latter immerses you in the action by the act left click and moving the mouse right for swing back; then left for the follow through.
The latter also has a ball tracker, plus, on the green, an overhead ball tracking view.
I switch between the two, to get the feel on the Pro one, and then to test the 'Watson theory' on Par 72 IV.
I hope my tips help.
Golfer Charlie.
Case, Mini Tower
Motherboard, MSI H510M-A PRO
CPU, Intel Pentium Gold G6500
Memory. 8GB, Crucial
Storage, 750GB Crucial SSD
Sound, on board Realtek HD Audio
Graphics: Radeon RX6600 Eagle.