Retirement

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Jimbo

Re: Retirement

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Jim-I recall once saying that he was strictly a designer and never played...
Hmmmm... :fcrossed:
linkster

Post by linkster »

fiver,

Do you want the hi-res course terrain for Tobacco Road? It is a fascinating layout!
fiver

Post by fiver »

I'm not an APCD person. I would love to see it done. Played TR in real life many times. What a layout. I'm going to play Wentz's other course in the Asheboro, NC area. Tot Hill Farms. Another great layout.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

fiver wrote: January 9th, 2023, 2:28 am I'm not an APCD person. I would love to see it done. Played TR in real life many times. What a layout. I'm going to play Wentz's other course in the Asheboro, NC area. Tot Hill Farms. Another great layout.
The designer was the late Mike Strantz known for the quirkiness of his golf course design works.
linkster

Post by linkster »

I'll see about getting it playable in game for you. It would be interesting to get a comparison of real life and "in game" accuracy with a LIDAR terrain.
fiver

Post by fiver »

Thank you, Gene. You are correct. With my 72 yr. old mind, I got confused with George Wentz. Saw him on Seinfeld the night before.
fiver

Post by fiver »

I will test it for you. It would really be interesting to try, considering the price is between 100 and 150 depending on the time.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

linkster wrote: January 9th, 2023, 2:35 am I'll see about getting it playable in game for you. It would be interesting to get a comparison of real life and "in game" accuracy with a LIDAR terrain.
With the many humps and hollows it would be impossible to tell a minor difference here or there. Kind of looks like Pine Valley, but with winding fairways making it hard to determine direction to hit. Also some greens appear severely undulated. Here is flyover of course.
https://tobaccoroadgolf.com/course/
fiver

Post by fiver »

There are constant elevation changes on this course. There are many severely sloped greens, but pins are not located on them.
morvio100

Post by morvio100 »

It's a well known fact that Sage dates super models....last I heard he was havi'n a go at Adriana Lima....would imagine Adriana Lima requires more attention than the APCD....fully expect Sage to re-enter the fold when he has exhausted all the possibilities with Adriana....when the APCD enters the bloodstream it never leaves apparently.... :fcrossed:.....time to split some fairways with some punch drives......long live Links2k3..... :clapping: