LIV TOUR

Welcome to Links Corner, this Forum is to say Hello and have a General Chat about Golf/Links related subjects.
Duck Hook

Re: LIV TOUR

Post by Duck Hook »

As i posted elsewhere, since we are all putting our 2 cents in......

For years the October to December window was the only opportunity for lesser tours such as the Australasian Tour to have a chance at attracting top line Americans to come play and help promote and generate interest in golf abroad. The PGA knew this but said stuff you to these tours when it started it's over lapping schedule. So if they lose some golfers, well stuff you PGA.

:cheers1:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

Personally, i think the arse will fall out of this LIV tour. I have no interest at all except seeing it give the PGA tour the shits for a little while.... :smile:
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

All these guys and any future ones are traitors to the PGA and just plain money whores. $$$$$$ is the ONLY reason they are going. Shame on them. The PGA made them stars of the game. I understand free market capitalism but where is the loyalty............??

Sage............
In the case of Phil Mikelson, and only him, it must have been a "no-brainer" to go to the LIV tour. He is at the end of his 30 year career where his on course earnings have been a little less that $100 million. In agreeing to play on the LIV tour he has "earned" $200 million plus the small amount of $120000 per tournament (the last place prize money), and he may still be able to enter all the majors!

I am willing, ready and able(?) to sign up whenever Greg comes a knocking. :whistle:

Ian
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I agree that for almost everybody "follow the money" would be the norm-but just how long do you think the Saudis are going to bankroll the tour...they could simply lose interest...
JimEvers37

Post by JimEvers37 »

I'm with you Ian, waiting for Greg or Jay to call, I would love to struggle with the pitiful conditions the poor players must endure on the PGA Tour LOL!

Jim

PS - I watched a couple minutes of the coverage on You Tube and found it kind of underwhelming, didn't know any of the commentators, and most of the golfers. I wonder if the courses they are slated to play are up to snuff with what they are accustomed to. Plus I wonder what kind of amenities they will get and if it will be worth it in the end. Can't wait to see the court cases when they try to get back on the PGA or DP tours, probably not until they are denied Ryder Cup or Presidents Cup entry.
shaun11

Post by shaun11 »

i've seen no evidence of LIV keeping any stats on the players games as they compete.....driving distance average,putting averages etc.
i would still like to include the players into my career mode but with no stats and how to amalgamate them into the top 200 won't be easy.
John B

Post by John B »

shaun11 wrote: August 31st, 2022, 10:24 am i've seen no evidence of LIV keeping any stats on the players games as they compete.....driving distance average,putting averages etc.
i would still like to include the players into my career mode but with no stats and how to amalgamate them into the top 200 won't be easy.
I've looked, and it seems that the clown tour doesn't keep any kind of stats. Can't find stats on any third party site either. That says a lot.
chad

Post by chad »

The LIV tour reminds me of a kids t-ball game - everybody wins.